ID:96794

Poll: Well, Am I?

Yea 23% (10)
Nay 26% (11)
What is Hell? 7% (3)
Is No Hell 16% (7)
Sasquatch 26% (11)

Login to vote.

So today I was walking around the city with a friend of mine, getting lunch and enjoying the afternoon. I happen to smoke cigarettes, and apparently chose the wrong place and time to do so. I should note that while she doesn't smoke, she has no issue with other people that choose to poison themselves.

As we're strolling down the sidewalk, a younger "gentleman" comes up to me, and informs me that "smoking has been shown to blah." It's key that I mention he was a pretty hefty kid. Now, I informed him, I was aware, and was of legal age to make the decision to poison my body. But, rather than him being civil and wishing me the best and marching along, he continues to banter me with statistics. I tried to walk away, and he continued to follow me, practically screaming at me.

So, needless to say, I got rather upset, and began to lose my temper. As soon as I got the chance, I let him know he was "a stinking whale carcass washed onto the sidewalk," and began letting him know how obesity is a leading killer in the United States, in front of smoking. Also, Obesity has been linked to roughly a third of the cancer-related deaths in this country. And the financial backing of large fast food chains continues to degrade our society, and stunts the growth of the middle class.

At this point, we're both extremely upset, and he pushed me, so we had to physically display our dissatisfaction with one another. Afterwards, I lit up another cigarette, and informed the kid that he had just caused me to smoke more, thanked him, and went on with my day.

Has anyone else had an encounter with the Tobacco nazis?
While I don't smoke, I think what you did was a good way to respond. Though the latter fist fight isn't always a good conclusion. :p
Lol, fatass tobacco nazi? I never knew those existed.

yea++
I have had about five. None of which ending with me beating up a fat kid.

I got one to run away who approached me stating how "I am putting people around me in danger and they could catch second hand smoke", so I said "Well let's hope you got caught. Person moved pretty quickly.
Mechanios wrote:
Though the latter fist fight isn't always a good conclusion. :p

He pushed me, and I had a female friend with me, so I had no other option as far as I can see.

Fortunately not many people were out and about today, so there were only a couple of witnesses.
You seem to neglect the concept of second hand smoke altogether. Sure, I'll let you disrespect yourself but when I have to breathe your stupidity I don't take kindly to it. Beings as how you were outside it's not so bad. Continue being cool, dude.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Mechanios wrote:
Though the latter fist fight isn't always a good conclusion. :p

He pushed me, and I had a female friend with me, so I had no other option as far as I can see.

Fortunately not many people were out and about today, so there were only a couple of witnesses.

Hahaha. Always gotta prove your worth. All in all, if you're gonna fight just make sure the other guy comes out worse. :p

Vermolius wrote:
You seem to neglect the concept of second hand smoke altogether. Sure, I'll let you disrespect yourself but when I have to breathe your stupidity I don't take kindly to it. Beings as how you were outside it's not so bad. Continue being cool, dude.

Being as how it's outside it's negligible. And being that it's not an attempt to be cool, it's a non-issue. And being that he has his own health issues to work out, he needs to worry about how much more of a cost he is to society than I am, he doesn't need to be preaching his rhetoric to me.
Who would've thought that you could make billions of dollars selling white sticks of poison? Pure genius. Why couldn't I think of that?
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Who would've thought that you could make billions of dollars selling white sticks of poison? Pure genius. Why couldn't I think of that?

Because you're an idiot? :\
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Being as how it's outside it's negligible.

That's almost what I said.

And being that it's not an attempt to be cool, it's a non-issue.

Then why do you do it?

And being that he has his own health issues to work out, he needs to worry about how much more of a cost he is to society than I am, he doesn't need to be preaching his rhetoric to me.

True, he is just mislead, not unlike yourself.

"Then why do you do it?"

He smokes because it calms him down and helps him perceive life in ways you could never imagine.

Its also used as a social-enhancer and allows him to have fun when hes in different social settings, like going to the mall with his girlfriends or "mountaineering" with his dog Larry. Hence his username.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Its also used as a social-enhancer and allows him to have fun when hes in different social settings, like going to the mall with his girlfriends or "mountaineering" with his dog Larry. Hence his username.

I don't have a dog :(
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

You expect me to believe your blabberings?

No one puts the word "Puppy" in their username when they don't own one.
pee poop
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I TOOK A PEE POOP
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I had to give him away, as my apartments do not allow "pets." So yeah, no dog, just a bunch of booze, dim lights, and the box set of M*A*S*H on blu-ray.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
He smokes because it calms him down and helps him perceive life in ways you could never imagine.

Are you confusing Tobacco and Marijuana? I'm quite certain that cigarettes don't help anyone perceive the world differently--let alone 'ways [I] could never imagine.' Yes, calm him down, from having nicotine withdrawal. Besides, I asked him, not you.

He already said it wasn't to make him cool.

Disturbed Puppy wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I had to give him away, as my apartments do not allow "pets." So yeah, no dog, just a bunch of booze, dim lights, and the box set of M*A*S*H on blu-ray.

See, I knew you owned a dog. You may have given it away, but still, you once owned a dog. See how analytical I am? I am able to observe people's usernames and, by thorough observation and deductive reasoning, can make various assumptions that are accurate most of the time.
Haha, I would not worry about those people. He may be correct in that respect that tobacco may cause a swifter death, but if life was about living... What a sad life indeed.

Truth be told, You telling him that he was being a hypocrite would be something I consider good. You at least let him know to the extent he is ignorant.

Eh, thats why I tell empirical facts, but not how people should use them. For another to claim to know what is good, means he knows to an extent how it will effect his goal, therefore he claims he knows all. By that means, we can claim that with his ignorance, he has a possibility of doing something contrary to his beliefs. Meaning, ignorance would be something "bad", while truth "good". My statement still stands... telling him obesity does the same as he implied with tobacco.

And Vermolius, tobacco effects the brain, so it may not effect perception, but it will effect how the perception is interpreted. But on a side argument, if it causes withdrawals by lack of, we conclude it has an effect, whatever-so it may be.
Page: 1 2