ID:968406

Keywords: a, bug, encode, html, if, not, p, sure, though
Not a bug
BYOND Version:496
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 21.0.1180.81
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
When typing a message in the default input box it will actually cancel all html codings. (\n, etc..)

Undefeated Saiyans: Hello! \n

But when making a custom input in skin with the chat command or other thing, html won't cancel \n

Undefeated Saiyans: Hello!

----
Is this a bug?

You can easily test this out by
1. Make a game
2. Make a chat code or something
mob/verb/OOC(t as text)
if(t){world<<"[src.name]: [html_encode(t)]"}

3.Make a skin file and put an input with the OOC command.
4.Type \n
And you should see that the html_encode() doesn't work with \n when using an interface/input to use the verb.
\n isn't HTML.
Okay nevermind about that then lol.
But still
html_encode() still blocks \n when using the regular input
html_encode() doesn't, the input does. This isn't really a bug I think, so much as the design of the standard skin, versus the more open ended input controls.

You solution would be (if you wanted \n filtered), to write a few lines to find and remove \n yourself, probably using text2ascii() or such.
I'm not sure I even understand the bug report, but it's clear it's definitely not a bug with html_encode() itself.

As far as the skin is concerned, \n should be treated the same whether the OOC command was pre-entered or not. The only exception I can see is if the command did not have a quote with it.
I was so stupid back then. .-.
Stephen001 resolved issue (Not a bug)