ID:96991

It finally hit me today I'm a geek. I realized it when I caught myself:
-Making plans to go see the last airbender with friends on opening night.
-reading about Twisted Metal and getting excited
-Reading about Mortal Kombat, and immediately playing Techno-Syndrome 7" Mix on my iTunes.
-Drinking a rockstar so I can play MW2 longer tonight
-Putting off working out, instead letting the Rockstar get into my system while playing MW2.

And when I realized that I was putting gaming in front of my condition, it hit me: I'm a geek.

So I'm going to go blast some black metal, and do pull ups until I pass out, hoping that'll give my confidence a bit of a boost :(
We are all nerds here, no worries.
Ulterior Motives wrote:

Oh, I know. But I've been in denial for...forever. It's okay now, I'm out of the nerd closet.
Gaming is actually my second passion. Those things may be a bit "geeky" but not really close enough to being an actual "geek". Well, unless playing games is all you do.. Then yeah, you're a nerd. But hey, most people are here.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Ulterior Motives wrote:

Oh, I know. But I've been in denial for...forever. It's okay now, I'm out of the nerd closet.

I didn't find out I was a nerd until I realized I was the only one out of all my friends to have a computer, internet, and gaming consoles. Sometimes it takes awhile to realize that you are a nerd if you have a life outside of your apartment and have friends you party with. You eventually will be awakened to this fact at one point though.
Theironx wrote:
Gaming is actually my second passion. Those things may be a bit "geeky" but not really close enough to being an actual "geek". Well, unless playing games is all you do.. Then yeah, you're a nerd. But hey, most people are here.

I play video games, I enjoy cartoons, I listen to "geeky" music (Techno and Power Metal), and I've been trying my hand at the SCA. So there's a bunch in hte "you're definitely a geek" column.

But, I do work out, I have a good job, a nice social life, and I play hockey once a week. So while I'm nowhere near the level of the average 4chan user, I'm still accepting the fact I'm a geek.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
But, I do work out, I have a good job, a nice social life, and I play hockey once a week. So while I'm nowhere near the level of the average 4chan user, I'm still accepting the fact I'm a geek.

Then you have the best of both worlds.
*Not a nerd, would rather work out then play Xbox for long periods of time*
PerfectGoku wrote:

No, I would much rather play video games than work out. I hate working out with a passion. But, I know that working out keeps your body healthy, and allows you to enjoy life more, so I do it. Same with eating salads. I hate salads, but I know that it's best.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
PerfectGoku wrote:

No, I would much rather play video games than work out. I hate working out with a passion. But, I know that working out keeps your body healthy, and allows you to enjoy life more, so I do it. Same with eating salads. I hate salads, but I know that it's best.
---
I just like the ending feel after it. :P
It's euphoric and whatnot.
Yesh. You're a nerd. And being a nerd is completely irreversible. The sad thing is, we can all say the same for ourselves. Just posting to this is undeniable reason enough.
PerfectGoku wrote:
I just like the ending feel after it. :P
It's euphoric and whatnot.

I find it tired and suck. Lots of suck afterwards. And if I swim instead of spinning I have trouble doing anything productive the next day.
ownd :o