Fortress Build

by Calus CoRPS
Isometric sandbox building game, where the player creates and destroys various blocks.
ID:97015

Fortress Build is an isometric sandbox building game, where the player creates and destroys various types of blocks in order to build a structure. Play alone and set your goal to construct a mind boggling structure. Or you may decide you need help, and recruit your friends.

* Updates from 06/28/2013 and onward have been made by PopLava
Note to Self:
* Implement fractal generator
* Role-Play Mode
* Dynamic water
Ohoho, MineCraft of BYOND. ( From what I see anyway. )
Work on this, k. =P
This is a very cool game, you should add to it.
Jedhaury wrote:
This is a very cool game, you should add to it.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to toss them my way. But keep in mind, I am not interested in making MineCraft2D.
Lawl, make it like...multiplayer funish. Make it a legit rpg. gogogogo.
Iocamus wrote:
Lawl, make it like...multiplayer funish. Make it a legit rpg. gogogogo.

Hehe. There is a reason why I have not completed or made a game for quite a while. I lack ideas.

If you have any ideas for a specific feature you'd like to see implemented, or have a semi-complete game idea for this, I am all ears.
Ah I understand, simply make a one world peace type thing, one grand town/village or whatever, then you can have the essential NPC's here, that will aid you in your adventure outside of this Town/village, once you are outside the town you will then be able to gather/collect resources which can help aid you in constructing buildings, which is only a fraction of what can be done.

And for places outside of the main town/village, you can have a mountain range, which will accompany probally some bad NPC's and perhalps a good settlement deep within the mountain, probally a secret, uhm.... and then a vast ocean, which can have some pirate ships, and numerous islands which will contain numerous riches of whatever you prefer.

And..use your imagination bro. =P
I played it some. It seems pretty neat except that the moving takes a little getting used to due to the angle of the camera. I would suggest adding something that let's you change the camera angle,
Perhaps a view from behind the player. Forgive me if this is very hard to do, I know nothing about coding except that it has a lot of brackets. :S
Noobpwner13 wrote:
I would suggest adding something that let's you change the camera angle.

You can do so with the Q and E keys.

Perhaps a view from behind the player. Forgive me if this is very hard to do, I know nothing about coding except that it has a lot of brackets. :S

Luckily, BYOND provides a ton of built-in features! client.dir allows the camera to rotate.
I like this game, pretty cool idea.

it's abit like minecraft but has camera issue that is all.
make the world alot bigger because it's abit shit when you can see cliff or make the world generate smoother edges.

if you are going for a total minecraft rip. add weather, day and night, lighting effects, smoother generation, enemies(creepers), more blocks and Commands!
Interesting start. Not really a game per se yet, but looks promising.
very minecrafty i like it
I thoroughly enjoy goofing around in this game. Way to go, Calus & PopLava!