ID:97027

Keywords: techtree

Chris Remo recently interviewed the producer for Sid Meier's Civilization V, Dennis Shirk.  Check it out.

If this week's column seems a bit off, blame my meds.

I made good and found time to review Vexonator's tactical fantasy, Surreal Dreams, for feature status.  Along with some minor interface gripes, there are currently chat spam and window juggling issues that conflict with the standards.  My feedback can be found in the game's forum.

Acebloke has updated his generic Chess program, Law of the Board.  I have to admit that I don't know enough about the different pieces and rules to appreciate the amount of work he has done, but the names of supported variants can be found on the wiki alongside files the program can understand.

Acebloke stated right off the bat that he made a crappy interface for the game and, unfortunately, I have to agree.  Stop spamming new players with the piece list.  Slap the chat input below the output.  Move the remaining commands into the menu.

And stop making me cry when I think of the interface improvements I want for Exploder.  Meanie.

Congratulations to DarkCampainger on his summer position redesigning an XNA game engine.  Of course, that comes second to the news that he's hoping to begin another version of his board game, Breach.  (Not that I'm biased.)  Has he found the natural relationships he was looking to base his piece designs on?  Perhaps he simply decided to bump up the resolution for the shapes and holes I found interesting.

It's June 17th.  Do you know where the results of the Get Something Done Challenge are?

Frell, where did the entries go?  Hypocrites. ;)

I could ramble about how I've been struggling to find 16 unique pieces of cargo for my economic/combative space race, StarScurrier.  However, the truth is that I have not touched my game projects since coming down with acute pancreatitis.  I'm currently taking pain killers while trying to eat and keep hydrated.

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

I'm still not sure how it works, but I recently found this alleged hybrid of RTS and word search. It's called Spell Find, it's from Sugar Pill Studios and it's only a dollar on Xbox Live.

Got news? I'm hoping to have healthy bowel movements someday.

It's June 17th. Do you know where the results of the Get Something Done Challenge are?

@_@

Whoops. See you tomorrow with the results.