ID:97253

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I figured rather than hopping along a (very) similar request, it would be better to just make my own.

It would be incredibly helpful. and far less time consuming if we had the ability to swap colors for an entire DMI from the Colors--> Edit window.

This would allow for quicker recoloring, rather than having to memorize the RGBs for each color before swapping.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20100516/ possible%20interface.PNG This is what i had in mind for that. It would work the same as it currently does, but in this case, it would work like it used to work, and swap the colors for every icon state.
Swap has always been a replace, not an actual swap, so the Color | Edit box's current behavior actually is how it used to work.
Change Swap to Replace, add a proper Swap button.
This would be very nice to have.
SuperAntx wrote:
Change Swap to Replace, add a proper Swap button.

As some people are doing run-time swaps to compensate, this feature is obviously a good idea and will be used.
As an example of how this would be useful, I have a base icon with a myriad of icon states, most of which having 3-6 frames of animation. I manage my colors well, to keep them organized and accounted for.

Now, to make new skin colors from the start, i just go into colors->edit, and change the rgb values, and save as a new skin color.

But this is where the inconvenience starts. I usually animate using one base and then carry my new animations over into the other skin colors. But to do this i have to paste them in, then memorize the RGBs of the palette im switching to. from there i change the new animation colors to the skin color desired. I usually have to start over if i forget the colors or change the wrong shade.

If there was a swap tool like im suggesting, all i would have to do is paste the new animations in, open up edit colors, and just swap the new colors in.

I would hope that more people would want to see this feature implemented, as it could save alot of time and frustration.
I would like to see this feature implemented as well. It would be useful?
This would make things a hell of alot easier, really.
Bump. Select one color, click the "Swap" button, click another color. It prompts "are you sure" and swaps the colors through the whole icon.