ID:972558

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 21.0.1180.89
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Simplechat is a publicly listed game on BYOND, which usually should come with a Distribution tab. I know it's glitched for the time being, but I could use it at the moment.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Have Tom add the Distribution Tab to SimpleChat

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Tom changed it in Protowar manually I think.

Workarounds:
n/a
The distribution tab no longer appears automatically for games, so the fact that it doesn't show isn't a bug. There was an unrelated issue in which some games that already had accepted terms did not still see the tab, but that has been taken care of.
LordAndrew suggested I put it in as a bug report, so I did. I sent an e-mail to Tom with the Contact link in the download section of the standalone EXE.
I actually have a couple games "publicly listed and searchable in the hub" from a while ago that have no Distribution tab. IainPeregrine was also not seeing it for Casual Quest, which I'm sure should have it.
As I said, the distribution tab no longer appears automatically for games. We switched back to handling this on request.
Why?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Why?

Because we're experimenting with some changes to the software and business model and the role of standalone games may change. Instead of doing a commission-based approach (which is difficult to manage), we may move to a flat-fee or a hybrid. I have to make a few decisions pending our current developments. We have enough private testing on the standalone where we don't need more distribution at the moment.
Stephen001 resolved issue (Not a bug)