Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Neblim here chose to buy a separate subscription to a game that boarder-lined broke copyright laws. He got banned for whatever reason(I doubt it was for no reason since I have played nestalgia for extended periods of time without bans) and now expects byond to punish silkwizard for it.

No, this argument was caused by the admins removing Neblims post. Neblim never asked for any punishment towards Silkwizard, but so simply tell others what Silk has done.

So what? Silkwizard can do whatever he wants to. It's his game.Should I make a blog about every developer who has banned me from a game?

He was mad because of all the time and effort he put into advertising the game was gone. For a reason that has still not been acknowledged. By all means Silk can do what he wants in his game, but Neblim has all the right to make a post about Silk basically scamming him.
Masterdan wrote:
Is that what makes a blog so horribly inappropriate?! I have been very angry about blog supressions in which I have used minor curse words such as douchebag and shit, but in this instance we cannot tolerate any dissenting opinion that uses the word "liar"?!

You just swore in your post.Please edit it to keep the peace.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Neblim here chose to buy a separate subscription to a game that boarder-lined broke copyright laws. He got banned for whatever reason(I doubt it was for no reason since I have played nestalgia for extended periods of time without bans) and now expects byond to punish silkwizard for it.

No, this argument was caused by the admins removing Neblims post. Neblim never asked for any punishment towards Silkwizard, but so simply tell others what Silk has done.

So what? Silkwizard can do whatever he wants to. It's his game.Should I make a blog about every developer who has banned me from a game?

He was mad because of all the time and effort he put into advertising the game was gone. For a reason that has still not been acknowledged. By all means Silk can do what he wants in his game, but Neblim has all the right to make a post about Silk basically scamming him.

And in doing that he is not implicitly asking byond to punish the developer?
To Tom:
While I see where you are coming from, I cant help but disagree with you on a few matters. First is the oversensitivity to "polarizing individuals", what I can see from this situation and from your opinions and the opinions of others, is a belief that because Silkwizard is in essence a troublemaker that any critisism levied against him will cause a lot of work for the moderators. Basically you are giving special treatment to people who are loud and difficult because you dont want to have to deal with them being pissed off. All individuals want is for uniform treatment to be given, I dont believe that silk is being given preferential treatment because he is so well loved by byond moderators, I think that preemptively striking legitimate critisisms of him is a lazy way to keep him from causing trouble. What I would say to that, is that the role of moderators is to facilitate the communities conversations, and as long as people have valid points to make and the community wants to see these posts, then the moderators have no role in shutting them down. Sometimes you may see a potential conversation that will become larger in scale, but that's because they are important to us, so if you try to forcefully close these convesations down you will invariably damage our experience with BYOND and cause a lot of angry sentiments.

You can understand where we are coming from, we value the ability for people to communicate a bad customer experience, and we value being able to publically challenge authority (such as free speach critisizing the government in the real world.). These are things people have a lot of passion about, so impeding them with harsh moderation is a bad choice to make.

I will ask, that in the future we set up some groundrules for setting the scope for moderators, such athat only when somebody does something wrong will they see reprimands. Pre-emptive moderation should never exist.
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:

He never asked for Silk to be punished. Neblim wanted to warn others of Silk banning people for no reason or reasons not even relevent to his game.

This argument is about how the staff of BYOND removed his post. Not Silk.

Master rla wrote:

No, hes warning the BYOND public that he had a bad experience as a customer and supporter of Nestalgia, and trying to let people know that a rediculous TOS allows silkwizard to ban paying customers for no reason.
As far as Tom says, I completely agree.
It's rather pointless having the whole front page full of repetitive topics, which happens a lot in the Developer Forums, as well as the BYOND Guild forums.
Repetition is redundant to it's fullest.

Now, as far as the Neblim v SilkWizard goes:
SilkWizard DID have justification to do what he pleased, if Neblim only had payed attention to the Terms of Service with more deeper thought.

About the posts boycotting BYOND and insulting it's moderators:
It's rather pathetic and at utmost pointless. BYOND is, was, and to my knowledge will always be, FREE.
Anything FREE has an unwritten law "You take it or leave it."
If all BYOND users were paying to be a part of this community, and to use it's program suite, then I might see some justification on being able to Front-Page post something negative towards the support/service. But that's the thing, BYOND doesn't charge for default. You buy extras, and with extras they are just that. They aren't the focal point of BYOND. The focal point of BYOND is Free-To-Use, Multiplayer-Enabled, Hobby-Gaming Development and Gaming in general.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Master rla wrote:

He never asked for Silk to be punished. Neblim wanted to warn others of Silk banning people for no reason or reasons not even relevent to his game.

This argument is about how the staff of BYOND removed his post. Not Silk.

As I said. It was a favor done on the part of Tom and Lummox to even address the issue.They state that they have no responsibility to deal with people who are banned from individual games.

With that said the BYOND staff had full authority to delete the blog and I am in full support of them doing so.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
As far as Tom says, I completely agree.
It's rather pointless having the whole front page full of repetitive topics, which happens a lot in the Developer Forums, as well as the BYOND Guild forums.
Repetition is redundant to it's fullest.

Now, as far as the Neblim v SilkWizard goes:
SilkWizard DID have justification to do what he pleased, if Neblim only had payed attention to the Terms of Service with more deeper thought.

About the posts boycotting BYOND and insulting it's moderators:
It's rather pathetic and at utmost pointless. BYOND is, was, and to my knowledge will always be, FREE.
Anything FREE has an unwritten law "You take it or leave it."
If all BYOND users were paying to be a part of this community, and to use it's program suite, then I might see some justification on being able to Front-Page post something negative towards the support/service. But that's the thing, BYOND doesn't charge for default. You buy extras, and with extras they are just that. They aren't the focal point of BYOND. The focal point of BYOND is Free-To-Use, Multiplayer-Enabled, Hobby-Gaming Development and Gaming in general.

I dont know what you are on about, but using the BYOND blog which is what we are talking about, costs 18 dollars a year. We complain instead of being silent and leaving the community in droves because we clearly want things to improve and are optomistic it will. If we thought the community was doomed, we would leave and not make a scene.

This is a serious issue and you dont seem to understand why people are mad.
Tom's a poor sod, having to take this kind of crap like, daily.
Toadfish wrote:
Tom's a poor sod, having to take this kind of crap like, daily.

Its unfortunate, and its not his fault. However it is the fault of several people who manage the community here.. so if he wants things to improve there need to be some changes (rule implementation would be great.).
Masterdan wrote:
I dont know what you are on about, but using the BYOND blog which is what we are talking about, costs 18 dollars a year. We complain instead of being silent and leaving the community in droves because we clearly want things to improve and are optomistic it will. If we thought the community was doomed, we would leave and not make a scene.

You don't seem to understand my complexity. You shouldn't be too anxious and jumpy to assume such things.

You don't have to pay for the blog posting. You are paying for something EXTRA. If you don't like the service you get, then don't pay. How can you not comprehend this? It's simple business and economics. Children even know it.

[sarcasm]Making ridiculous blog posts just because someone wants some attention, is exactly what makes BYOND a better place.[/sarcasm]
This is what is happening on Neblim and SilkWizard's end. They are wasting their time, making their pointless blog posts, when they can just simply get out and leave BYOND if they don't like it. It's nothing but attention-getting and self-centeredness that is causing the massive flooding upon the Front-Page of BYOND.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

You don't seem to understand my complexity. You shouldn't be too anxious and jumpy to assume such things.

You don't have to pay for the blog posting. You are paying for something EXTRA. If you don't like the service you get, then don't pay. How can you not comprehend this? It's simple business and economics. Children even know it.

[sarcasm]Making ridiculous blog posts just because someone wants some attention, is exactly what makes BYOND a better place.[/sarcasm]
This is what is happening on Neblim and SilkWizard's end. They are wasting their time, making their pointless blog posts, when they can just simply get out and leave BYOND if they don't like it. It's nothing but attention-getting and self-centeredness that is causing the massive flooding upon the Front-Page of BYOND.

Except in my position, I have been encouraging people for years to pay for memberships and even rewarding them on my game for it. When I decided to revoke my support of the membership system on BYOND and of the community itself, then It would impact more than just my account. That is what my blog post said, in a concise mannor. It isnt some difficult concept lost on me.
This post isn't about GOA, Anime, or Masterdans programming ability. Take that somewhere else.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
This post isn't about GOA, Anime, or Masterdans programming ability. Take that somewhere else.

ok sorry sir. I was just addressing a direct defamation of MasterDan.Can you please understand that?
Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

ok sorry sir. I was just addressing a direct defamation of MasterDan.Can you please understand that?

Its fine, I appreciate the effort but this isnt the time or place.
Delete my flamebait, leave Masterdan's, seems very much plausible.

Masterdan get's special treatment everywhere. Especially from the moderators he's been boycotting.
Masterdan wrote:
I dont know what you are on about, but using the BYOND blog which is what we are talking about, costs 18 dollars a year.

I don't know what you are on about, but using the BYOND blog is free.
Xeal wrote:
Delete my flamebait, leave Masterdan's, seems very much plausible.

Masterdan get's special treatment everywhere. Especially from the moderators he's been boycotting.

I deleted the posts relating to anime, goa, and masterdans programming. I did delete a post of his, but all of his other ones are relating to the topic.

Master rla wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

Why SHOULD he be famous anyway?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10