Dead and Walking

by Aeon_nova
Dead and Walking
An open-world zombie game, you decide what you want to do.
ID:97386

Aeon_Nova's Dead And Walking game is quite a nice piece of work... Although not really original, but still very fun.

Dead And Walking's concept to survive as much as possible from the endless, nonstop, army of dead creatures crawling, walking, and flying after each and every person that is alive, and not dead. Not overly original, but it gets the job done.

The interface isn't that hard to get adjust to, very easy... Although you have to equip the current gun that you are using to refill its type of ammo. Five hot-keys control your spells, which is the only way of using them, so no selecting unhot-keyed spells on the fly, which might be a nice new feature to have. To shoot, you have to aim at the enemy that you want to shoot and press the fire key. This means you can only attack in eight directions, and to turn around and shoot at something else, you'll have to move to face it. Overall the interface is generous to newcomers.

This game plays like any other game with zombies and shooting. However, this game isn't easy for newcomers, so they'll have to find scraps of money or take jobs of killing zombies before they can have an easier time. Spells are in the game as well to make things easier, but they're quite expensive for newcomers, but it becomes easier to obtain money over time. The nonstop swarm of zombies and some difficult enemies that come with them can also hinder newcomers as well, but with grouping together with others, it becomes easier, so don't go all Rambo and think you can destroy every single zombie alone, unless if you know what you're doing. Once you know how best to defeat the zombies and obtain a good bit of money, the game becomes easier.

Presentation is good, I can't really go too deep into it, guns sound as they should, and zombies look nice, even if some things are reused from a certain FPS that I know of...

Newcomers might have a small challenge if they want to be an exceptional zombie hunter in this game, but there are rewards that they may find lurking within the hordes of zombies. If you enjoy zombie shooters and want some more, go try this game out.
Meh, accurate or not. Might not be a bad idea to try out?
Rekwan announces: Yeah you can choose 1 rare of your choice or 50k

^Theres proof to that.
He deleted my post he can deny it all he wants but he was Bribed todo this review. Thus only adding more fuel to my fire
He didn't make it.

It's just an ever so slightly altered version of Strai's REO game.
The peoples republic of china wrote:
He didn't make it.

Lord only did this review because of what I posted the owner offered him 50k or a rare to make this. Because the owner was mad about my review. Thus your right D&W an a altered version REO which is an always will be the top zombie game on byond.
Spider14 wrote:
The peoples republic of china wrote:
He didn't make it.

Lord only did this review because of what I posted the owner offered him 50k or a rare to make this. Because the owner was mad about my review. Thus your right D&W an a altered version REO which is an always will be the top zombie game on byond.

I don't mean that REO, I'm talking about one that predates both this and that one by several years. It was pretty primitive and the source code was public.

Dead and Walking is literally just that source code, with slight alterations.

Also, I was wrong. It wasn't Stray, it was Vertex. (At least, I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Don't know why I thought it was.)

http://www.byond.com/games/Vertex/ResidentEvilOutBreak

Here's the hub, for proof.