ID:97592

Keywords: byond
You know what... I really want to work on a game, that will actually come out.

Every game I start, or join, fails. Though this may be a reflection of myself (which I honestly doubt) or maybe I just make people around me stop working?

I mean.. I doubt its myself because I take care of all the work I need to do, and more. I do everything I possibly can to make progress... THhe only thing I cannot do, is pixel art. And unfortunately, every pixel artists in BYOND is either -
1) Too 'good' for BYOND, yet still hangs around.
2) Needs money for their 'quality creations'
3) Packs over 9000 hours of shit in everyday of their lives
4(?)) Is plainly terrible at pixel art.

Anyone got any idea's on creating a new wave of decent, timely, Hardworking pixel artists?

P.S - I want to work on a decent game, that will be released, and has people on the team who want the game released.
Good luck with that.
What I'm currently doing is programming a game using crappy placeholder graphics (circles and squares FTW).

That way when the engine is done, I will have a complete list of the graphics needed as well as a finished game to attract decent artists interested in co-ownership.
what about my game.
Sliced Death wrote:
what about my game.

What game? :3
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
what about my game.

Its going to be a rpg. Look at my blog for SS.
Sliced Death wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
what about my game.

Just saw it... If you have a basic plan of how you'd like the game, could you email me a synopsis of some form? o.o
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
what about my game.

Just saw it... If you have a basic plan of how you'd like the game, could you email me a synopsis of some form? o.o

whats your email address?
There are some pretty amazing free graphics that are around. Even on our own pixel art society forums, there are some real gems there in the free section. I seriously believe that it is entirely possible to create an excellent game using these graphics.

Here's an example:
http://i50.tinypic.com/15gqlxs.png

That's a screenshot from something I'm working on. All of the graphics in that screenshot came from the free section of the pixel art society forums.
Sliced Death wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
Sliced Death wrote:
what about my game.

whats your email address?

[email protected]
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
There are some pretty amazing free graphics that are around. Even on our own pixel art society forums, there are some real gems there in the free section. I seriously believe that it is entirely possible to create an excellent game using these graphics.

Here's an example:
http://i50.tinypic.com/15gqlxs.png

That's a screenshot from something I'm working on. All of the graphics in that screenshot came from the free section of the pixel art society forums.

You've got to be shitting me o.o
Eh i would help with pixel art if mines improved. But i am i good GFX artist.
If you want talent, buy it. Having your own CSS would probably instill a little confidence from others for a start.
Stephen001 wrote:
If you want talent, buy it. Having your own CSS would probably instill a little confidence from others for a start.

Valid point... I'll start one... Have it done in a few days... I'm knackered from prom D:
Take the final solution...
XLR8ED wrote:
Take the final solution...

Commit suicide? xD
no yew haf tew get a spewn and maek it entow youw vagina..
w00t 20 comment's
Page: 1 2