ID:977468

Keywords: forums, website
Redundant
Applies to:Website

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
My suggestion is simple. There really isn't a place for anybody to post about projects they are working on that aren't yet listed. These projects won't appear in the Game Updates section if updated, so really the only place to post is in Off Topic. However, projects being worked on where the creator is asking for feedback is by no means "off topic".

Thus, I suggest a new forum section be created in "Community" called something like "Feedback". It would be where developers can post about things they are working on and ask for feedback. Perhaps updates to games that aren't deemed complete or ready to be put in the Game Updates section could be thrown there. Or, it could just be a forum where new posts are made asking for some feedback throughout the development process (something which is very useful). It could even be a place where developers post "devlogs" of sorts.

So, to sum everything up:

Request: New forum section under Community called "Feedback" or "Developer Feedback" or whatever you want to call it where developers can post updates to incomplete projects and ask for feedback.

Reason: There is currently no proper place to post such things. It would be really helpful to be able to post updates to projects in the making which aren't judged ready to be put in the Game Updates section of the forums.
+1
Sounds like a good idea.
So, kind of like the old 'Creations' forum?
++
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
So, kind of like the old 'Creations' forum?

Kind of, but not so much creations as soon-to-be creations.
I'm pretty sure people have always posted WIPs in Creations.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Yes, but the entire point of a feedback forum would be for stuff in the making, stuff that can't be listed yet. Listed games already go in Game Updates. There's no place for feedback on other projects.
Maybe a new category should be added to Game Updates, an "In Development" or something. It would be like "Incomplete", in that it wouldn't be visible under the normal game listings and could be resubmitted to be reviewed, but its posts would show up in the Game Updates forum.

As it is, I'm not really sure what to do with posts like these:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=976611&forum=20

It's not a demo in the resource-sense of the word, but it's still too early in development to get listed under Game Updates...

This would also keep all of the posts connected to the game's hub.
Yeah, that makes sense DarkCampainger.

We'll probably be opening up hubs to be free to the public again so this would be a logical accompanyment (since we could then require all posts about games be in a hub forum).
In response to Tom
When you say that you'll be opening up hubs to be free again, do you mean simply anyone will able to create them or does that also include submitting them too?
I haven't decided that much yet, but I think at least we'll have the ability to make hub entries for games, largely for the purpose of avoiding this issue about game discussion.
I think resource hubs - demos, and libraries - should be public for anyone to make, and submit.
Lige resolved issue (Redundant)