He has never given an answer for SuperAntX, probably because he knows he can't justify the ban.
At no point did silkwizard say neblim was banned for trolling. Thats a general answer anyway, would I ban people who are smartasses from my games? its rediculous.
Masterdan wrote:
At no point did silkwizard say neblim was banned for trolling. Thats a general answer anyway, would I ban people who are smartasses from my games? its rediculous.

Rediculous? It's just a beach fort bro!

Masterdan wrote:

Quote from Silk Wizard:

"I don't feel compelled to justify the moderation actions taken within my own game. The user in question has a long history of issues within NEStalgia and was given plenty of warning. But that's all irrelevant, because:

A person can either A.) Obsessively troll me, or B.) Have access to NEStalgia. The two choices are mutually exclusive, so if you're leaning towards Option A then don't invest money in Option B."

I think he was implying that Neblim was being an annoying idiot and thats why hes banned.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

Quote from Silk Wizard:

"I don't feel compelled to justify the moderation actions taken within my own game. The user in question has a long history of issues within NEStalgia and was given plenty of warning. But that's all irrelevant, because:

A person can either A.) Obsessively troll me, or B.) Have access to NEStalgia. The two choices are mutually exclusive, so if you're leaning towards Option A then don't invest money in Option B."

I think he was implying that Neblim was being an annoying idiot and thats why hes banned.

Bahahahah, yeah exactly. He didnt give a reason, he just played a victim. The bottom line is that Silkwizard received money from this person because they wanted to support this game, he did advertising work for nestalgia, Silkwizard is a grade a asshat. If you think that comment was a reason why this person was banned, then you are completely full of it. A reason would be specific and verifiable, a general statement like that is just a load of shit.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I think he gave a humorous answer because hes already given a serious one several times.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

And here is the funny part: even when I answer with the worse possible scenario (That I had no reason for the bans and that I enjoyed stealing Neblim's money), the people who are obsessed with me aren't happy. In other words: they don't care what the true story is, they're going to spend hours on here humping my leg either way to try to get some sort of reaction out of me.

By freaking out over my answer they're proving my point. I play the tune, they dance... so please keep dancing/commenting. I'll check back tomorrow to survey the impotent rage!

;)
SilkWizard wrote:
I love my horny worshippers.

Nigger, please.
You're not answering at all, so I guess it really is the 'worst possible scenario' for you. What are you so afraid of, Silk, that you can't own up to behavior you think you have a perfect right to do?
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
You're not answering at all, so I guess it really is the 'worst possible scenario' for you. What are you so afraid of, Silk, that you can't own up to behavior you think you have a perfect right to do?

What he said makes sense. Several of you guys took Neblim's side long before Silk even made a post defending himself with his side of the story meaning that you already had some sort of grudge or dislike for Silk and took the opportunity to get a few insults in.

Even if he was to give some detailed description of what Neblim has done to get banned, I don't think you would let the issue go. You'd probably just continue your raging because you're more than happy to try and ruin his reputation.

Demanding an answer on why Silk banned someone from his game is like demanding Nintendo to explain why they gave Mario a mustache. Its his game and he doesn't have to explain what he does with his creation to anyone just like you wouldn't have to explain the reason behind every ban you give out to players in Mitadake High to anyone in the BYOND community.

You guys act like you're the supreme judges of BYOND and everyone has to either appease you or GTFO.
I never took Neblim's side to begin with. My only issue was with the way moderation seemed lopsided and unfair in many blog posts surrounding the issue. And for the last time, I don't give a crap about Neblim's ban. Silk was kind enough to justify that one, yet he has not for SuperAntX's. Why? Because he knows it was an ego bruise ban, and that's even worse for him to admit because he likes to pretend he doesn't care what anyone on BYOND thinks or says about him about him. The fact that he banned Ant is proof that he does.

Silk is under no obligation to explain himself and his bans to me or anyone else. However, if there is nothing fraudulent and if the ban itself is sound, there is no reason why he shouldn't, given that SuperAntX has quite happily made this issue public and thus there is no excuse of it being a matter of privacy. I would think given that the people who read this are his potential customers, he would show a little more maturity regarding sudden termination of accounts.

At the same time, if he doesn't explain himself, don't jump on everyone else for assuming it's him simply being a child again, as he has behaved as such several times in the past. Why you continually defend him is beyond me, but you have proven yourself several times to be less than the picture of logic.

Furthermore, it's really comical to see you try and imply that I'm a hypocrite or something, considering that not only do I not ban anyone on MH (as the servers are host run by players), but even on games that I do, I have a forum dedicated to letting those people publicly plead cases for their bans to me and my administrators on my website.
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
Because he knows it was an ego bruise ban, and that's even worse for him to admit because he likes to pretend he doesn't care what anyone on BYOND thinks or says about him about him. The fact that he banned Ant is proof that he does.

If he did care about what people thought of him, wouldn't he like try NOT to piss Neblim and Ant off? If you're so desperate for a good reputation and care about what everyone thinks, you're going to treat your customers with overwhelming tolerance and mercy, not ban them so they can rant about it on their blogs. You make no sense. If you cared about what people thought, why would you give them a reason to not like you?

I would think given that the people who read this are his potential customers, he would show a little more maturity regarding sudden termination of accounts.

I would think that people who go to his blog would actually read what hes typing rather than ignoring it and asking the same dumb question over and over.

Why you continually defend him is beyond me, but you have proven yourself several times to be less than the picture of logic.

Its not so much me defending him, its me raging against the idiots who use BYOND like its a battleground. BYOND is a website where you create and play games. However, some people get satisfaction out of using the front page to spew hatred and cause flame wars, then complain once the moderators remove it.

I would've liked to see a post by Neblim concerning something productive. Instead, I had to see an insulting post against Silk which was the perfect opportunity for the rest of the Anti-Silk gang to join in to do what they do best: be morons.

And then what was even more annoying is the way he tried to sugarcoat his insults by saying "Its just a customer service complaint".

I made a post explaining what a customer service complaint should look like but removed it since the situation died down. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4712884_make-a-complaint.html

Learn to do Step 5.

I'm sorry I'm less than the picture of logic for not wanting to mindlessly rage against Silk. I'll try to be more of a condescending retard next time. Maybe then I'll be able to live up to your expectations.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
If you cared about what people thought, why would you give them a reason to not like you?

Conversely, why would you go to the trouble of banning someone from a game because they said they don't like you (in so many words)? SuperAntX doesn't even apply to Silk's blog post in the least, because he does not obsessively troll Silk, and even went to lengths to report bugs and give constructive suggestions about his game. I wish every troll I encountered were even a tenth as helpful as he tried to be, if that's the new definition!

EmpirezTeam wrote:
Neblim

Let's not restart this topic about Neblim. Neblim's blog post is irrelevant, and I don't know how many times I have to tell you this before you'll understand. The only thing I'm interested in or talking about is SuperAntX and his ban.

I wish you would read what I'm typing like you seem to get mad at everyone else over not doing, because if you did you would see that I don't care about anything involving Neblim regarding this whole debacle so please stop bringing him up PLEASE.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
I'll try to be more of a condescending retard next time.

I'm sure you will.
It's funny. I never understood why this guy was talked about so often. Frankly, I still don't. *shrug*
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
SuperAntX doesn't even apply to Silk's blog post in the least, because he does not obsessively troll Silk, and even went to lengths to report bugs and give constructive suggestions about his game.

Because you were there to witness every single conversation Ant and Silk had.

Let's not restart this topic about Neblim. Neblim's blog post is irrelevant, and I don't know how many times I have to tell you this before you'll understand. The only thing I'm interested in or talking about is SuperAntX and his ban.

I wish you would read what I'm typing like you seem to get mad at everyone else over not doing, because if you did you would see that I don't care about anything involving Neblim regarding this whole debacle so please stop bringing him up PLEASE.

You asked me why "I defend Silk" and I answered you. Maybe if you stopped asking stupid questions you wouldn't get mad every time I gave you an answer.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
Because you were there to witness every single conversation Ant and Silk had.

You act as if this is the first time I've ever seen Silk get into a fight with someone. It might be yours, but it certainly isn't mine.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
You asked me why "I defend Silk" and I answered you. Maybe if you stopped asking stupid questions you wouldn't get mad every time I gave you an answer.

Well, I can't say I'm upset at all, actually. Just that your continued idiocy is trying my patience. I didn't ask you a single question, either. In fact, the comment you responded to was directed at Silk, which makes you jumping in even more baffling.
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
You act as if this is the first time I've ever seen Silk get into a fight with someone. It might be yours, but it certainly isn't mine.

So because you've seen Silk fight in the past, you automatically know all the details of any incident regarding Silk in the future?

Well, I can't say I'm upset at all, actually. Just that your continued idiocy is trying my patience. I didn't ask you a single question, either. In fact, the comment you responded to was directed at Silk, which makes you jumping in even more baffling.

I'm not sure how an incoherent "customer service complaint" against Silk was directed at you, or how Silk banning Ant has anything to do with you, or how Silk's Vegas joke has anything to do with you. Know what that means? We're both jumping into things that have nothing to do with us.

Would that be all? Or would you like to continue proving that you're a baffling hypocrite?
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Would that be all? Or would you like to continue proving that you're a baffling hypocrite?

Silk made a blog post addressing the matter publicly. He chose to answer a question in a public interview regarding the topic. I am the public. I have every right to get involved and discuss it after reading it.

There's nothing hypocritical about it.
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Silk made a blog post addressing the matter publicly. He chose to answer a question in a public interview regarding the topic. I am the public. I have every right to get involved and discuss it after reading it.

There's nothing hypocritical about it.

Well in that case I have a right to discuss this interview and the comments pertaining to it.
The problem is, and Empirez has too much downs to understand this, is the community is critisizing Silkwizard for acting like a child in how he moderates a game that he has heralded as being something that would improve byond's image. He banned two of the games biggest supporters for annoying him on a personal level, thats pathetic. And we arent that bothered by it but we will call silkwizard out on it. You cant act like you are above petty squabbles and that nothing anybody says bothers you if you go throwing temper tantrums and act banhappy on your game.
Why is this bickering still going on? Give it a rest already, all of you. Hedve given an answer by now if he intended to. Just leave it be.
Page: 1 2 3