ID:97884

Resolved
Several new map editor features have been added.

Select All (Ctrl+A): Select everything on a Z-level
Select None (Ctrl+D): Deselect everything
Goto Z Level (Ctrl+G): Jump to a specific Z level

When right-clicking an atom on the map, you can also revert it to its original type if it has had any modifications.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
1. Pressing Ctrl+A in the Map Editor should select that entire Z layer.
2. There should be an input or other method to quickly jump between Z layers.
3. When you place a multi tiled atom using fill, if you only place 1 tile it will automatically place the rest of the atom. However the rest of the mult-tileness doesn't appear until you re-enter the map editor or scroll the map.
4. In the 'Make Active Object' 'Delete' 'Edit' section of the right click menu for atoms there should also be a 'Reset to Default', since there is currently no way to accomplish that without manually editing the map's text file.
5. The map editor should (at least optionally) match the game's view size. This way you can get an accurate representation of what you can see in-game when building the map.
6. When using find and replace, it should intelligently place multi tiled atoms, instead of just filling each tile with a mini version.
7. Should be able to undo map changes even after compiling the map.
Take a look im helping you out on what you dont see
+vote

Mainly for #1 and #2, but the rest sounds like it would be helpful.
I agree with spunky girl. I really just want to see number 1 and 2, most importantly 2, because my game has 32 z levels, and they are fairly large and heavily populated with turfs and objects and scrolling from say z - 4 to z - 22 can take quite a bit of patience, especially on this less than impressive computer.

I really think #2 would be an easy feature to add, but extremely helpful.
In the view thing, I am suggesting you can select the usual and that option.
All of these sounds REALLY helpful , Thumbs up :)
OMG, why hasn't this been added? You are now my god D:
The ability to jump z maps would be extremely helpful, and its such a simple feature. I really don't see why it's been neglected for so long.
1. ++
2. +
4. +++
5. +
7. ++
Feature++

I especially like 1 but if 3 were to be expanded to include just a general fill command, that would be awesome.
A million votes for 5, though I'd love to see the rest implemented too!

$
Id like to see support for diff sized z levels.
I'd like to see all these additions. The most important for me would be 2, and a fill selection option.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to alter the size of the preview area in the map editor, or better yet use a built-in proc to generate a preview image at different sizes and perhaps even zoom levels.

I know it's possible to program something like that, but I've found that the Map Editor preview tends to be much more accurate when it comes to handling invisible turfs, and icons larger than the worlds icon size setting, etc.
have these options been added yet?
I think I should be able to do #1 and #4 easily and can probably get them in for 500. Changing Z layers should already be easy enough via the interface, since there's a button to do that.

[edit]
Easy peasy. Ctrl+A and Ctrl+D will select all/none, and there's a "Reset to Default" menu item that will revert an atom to its base class.
Thanks for adding that Lummox!

We can move threw z level, true.
But if we have 50 Z level and we want to go to 30 for example, it would be a lot easier to get a command like "jump to _ Z"
thank youuuuuu
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
We can move threw z level, true.
But if we have 50 Z level and we want to go to 30 for example, it would be a lot easier to get a command like "jump to _ Z"

Got it.

Ctrl+G.
Wohoo! Keep up the great work. You guys are doing great so far.
Page: 1 2