ID:98062

Hey there everyone, been a while since my last blog post thought I might pop in here and tell you what I've been up to! Recently I've found myself jumping into EVE Online, which in my opinion is pretty fun. I'm not quite sure about the learning curve but it seems "Okay", at least to my standards.

I have always found myself searching for a space adventurer-type "shoot-em up" game and I've come across a few. Titles such as Star Sonata, Home World and now EVE Online have popped up and been played. However, I can't say the others have such a steep learning curve and diverse community as EVE does. I find this game really interesting, because of the huge options that are open for players. You could try your hand at piracy, maybe trading between solar systems, or hell even take out an entire solar system with your corporation (guild).

The game isn't really filled with a lot of kiddies running around, since the game is hideously complicated at first sight. It's taken me at least a week to figure out the basic functions of the game (that's with tutorials, and wikipedia), and it has taken some people months to figure out the more in-depth functions. However, one thing I really dislike about EVE is the training! You have to sit back and queue up skills to be trained, which could take days or even weeks to be completed. This really drains the game-play, because you don't get to fly around in that new fancy battleship you just bought for another month or two! Where's the fun in that? It would seem most of the game revolves around getting the in-game currency (ISK), and that replaces the usual level grinds of other MMOs.

I'm not sure I'll stick with this game, mainly because of the training. I'm more of the type of person that would like to stay up all night and grind my butt off trying to get to the next level so I can use my new gear. This game makes you wait though, not something I fancy-- no matter how long you play you still are the same as the people that play for weeks straight (not that way in the real world is it?!).

Anyways, I recommend you try it, I'm currently on a 21 day trial and I plan on buying a month of subscription to check out the game in more depth, if you happen to play you can contact me using my name of "Niriva". The game costs about $15 ($20 for your first subscription), and it's an "Okay" game to play, however I wouldn't really recommend it for you grinders, it's more of a relaxed (minus the PVP aspect) game.
EVE online is a great game.
Fun to see it on your blog ( wich is well written if i may compliment you!).
Uh no. I'll stick to something a bit more fun and less difficult to understand, Star Trek Online.
It's pretty fun, I only started playing a month ago though.