Sorry but i forgot to say. Not to be rude but to help. The one that is punching and kicking. It could use a bit more work.
You're doing a lot of states, it's going to take you forever to do one overlay. I'd say one overlay per day, unless you work 24/7. Not saying scrap them, but for future reference, it's a good idea to either make the base smaller, isometric(only requires two directions), or completely top down(only one direction), or just use less animations and states. Eventually you will get lazy and half ass the overlays(unless you have unlimitted motivation, and will to keep on). Other than that they look nice. I just figured for your sake, as the developer that you would use less.... states. =/
Xhor wrote:
You're doing a lot of states, it's going to take you forever to do one overlay. I'd say one overlay per day, unless you work 24/7. Not saying scrap them, but for future reference, it's a good idea to either make the base smaller, isometric(only requires two directions), or completely top down(only one direction), or just use less animations and states. Eventually you will get lazy and half ass the overlays(unless you have unlimitted motivation, and will to keep on). Other than that they look nice. I just figured for your sake, as the developer that you would use less.... states. =/

It doesn't matter if it takes long. The game will turn out amazing if he does do it this way.
Xhor wrote:

well,i considered all of this before starting development on the game.i dont see pixeling as work;just a hobby so i have fun making everything i work on.

I DON'T pixel to bring others satisfaction,i was thought that this is why many artist give up on their projects.

what you are suggesting already tells me about your lazy mentality,you cant get something great if you don't put effort into it.
Not at all a lazy mentality, But as I'm sure this will cause an argument, I'll just leave it at that.
The punching animation is way better but i prefer the first sword slashing animation.
The second and first looks like it's just practicing swinging the sword and thats not good at all...
I loved the base. Excellent Quality, I hope i can become a skilled pixel artist as you
It takes alot of mental power to accomplish such a great base. Screw those criticizers.
Page: 1 2