ID:98323

Hey there bloggers! This won't be a very long blog entry, as I'm not really in the writing mood, and I'd like to jump back into work. I thought I'd tell you about the project I've hopped aboard a few days ago. The project I am now working on is called Naruto: Ninja Adventure. I contacted and hopped aboard the project that was currently being developed by Yut Put, and Sphinxe1. I must clarify that is not your regular Naruto game in any means. It's turning out absolutely amazing, Sphinxe1 has some incredible talent in pixel art-- which will no doubt be one of the driving forces of the game. We're currently in Alpha, and production has been going very smoothly. Since I have hopped on board we have completed the following:

- Smooth and reliable character handling.
- Skin based input and alert prompts.
- A nicely looking title screen, and proper handling for such.
- More content!
- Functional clothing, hair, and weapon systems.
- Dynamic NPC shopkeepers
- Bug fixes, bug fixes, and more bug fixes!
- And some more stuff that I didn't put in the development log.. Crap!

I will also leave you with a few more screenshots (I say more, because there are a few on Yut Put's blog as well), and our HUB link. The server will be hosted periodically at random times during our testing phase.

Konoha Police Station

Katon Housenka!

Demonic Ice Mirrors

The magical smoke bomb!

You can visit our HUB, and play the game whenever it's up for testing here:

http://www.byond.com/games/ Sphinxe1.NarutoNinjaAdventure?tab=index

Thanks for reading!
I like the graphics, but by god, get a new interface. The HP bar is disgustingly oversized and the text panels are very obtrusive.
The icons are little ugly
Toadfish wrote:
I like the graphics, but by god, get a new interface. The HP bar is disgustingly oversized and the text panels are very obtrusive.

The text panels would be better if they hid themselves after some time of inactivity, and were shrunk a little bit, like a typical MMO does nowadays. Also, it looks like the map could stand to get stretched a few more tiles in either direction.. that would probably be a good idea, unless you have a border planned.
Okay. We've taken these skinning suggestions into play, and the windows have all been resized and the HP/MP bar has been moved into a more suitable area. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate it.
The hair styles are hideous. They don't even fit the base at all. Might want to re-do them.
Branks wrote:
The hair styles are hideous. They don't even fit the base at all. Might want to re-do them.

Yeah, they're just place holders until our pixel artist finishes all the clothing and hair icons.