ID:98587

Descriptive Problem Summary:Well I am trying to host for a game with dream daemon and it says "4567 port (can) be reached by players but, when people try to join it says connecting....then disappears or fails

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.port forwarding 2.Added a port on firewall to allow
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:For people to get in the game and play

Actual Results:Same results, when people try to join it says "connecting" then disappears or says it failed

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Occurs every time I try to host a game all the time
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?Occurs every time i try to host a game

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Do you receive any error messages at all in DD when people try to join? Normally those would show up in the DD window, but if your game is sending errors to a log then they might go there.

Also, you didn't fill out the bottom sections of the template. Does this happen in earlier versions? Does it happen in every game? Does it happen on other computers or if you're logged in on a different account?

As I mentioned to Snagler, I personally suspect some other program is interfering with the new connections. Please provide a list of any firewall or security software you're running. If you're not sure, go to Task Manager and get a list of the process names. That will be helpful in determining if something else is interfering.
Here to better explain the problem, I used http://showmypc.com To give her a hand on trying to figure out whats up.

Steps
Open Dream Deamon
Select game, and host on chosen port
click Host
Message comes up saying 'game can be reached by players' in the green text and everything
Have someone besides yourself attempt to join
Person receives a Connection failed in BYOND program

World is entirely opened, there's no bans, there's no selected groups to be allowed to connect.

She's been able to host in earlier versions according to herself.

She has Norton security but that's not even installed.

I tested by coding a world with only the say verb and had her host that with the same error so its not coding related.
King killer 113711 wrote:
She's been able to host in earlier versions according to herself.

Lummox JR wrote:
Does this happen in earlier versions?

Lummox JR's question might have been a bit misleading. When he's asking if this worked in earlier versions, he automatically implies that he would want to know which version worked if the answer is yes. So, could you provide a version number that works for her set-up and allows hosting? You can check for earlier BYOND builds around here.

King killer 113711 wrote:
She has Norton security but that's not even installed.

Lummox JR wrote:
Please provide a list of any firewall or security software you're running. If you're not sure, go to Task Manager and get a list of the process names.

That's not really helpful. I think it would be better if you could list the running processes, else there is too much 'could/might-guessing' involved.

Unfortunately Radied stopped replying to the BYOND Help thread and went straight for a bug report.
I'm kicking this back to BYOND Help. A bug report was a little premature since there is no information that can be tested to reproduce the issue, and the original poster has not been responding.