ID:986644

Been a while since I took time to make a mob seeing as that's the current trend on BAS I thought I'd try my hand again...

Have hard time with color and perspective..I know.

I tryed to simplify it as much as i could with details....I should have used 4-5 colors i know.
I am by no means an expert at pixel art. That being said I'm not really feeling the colors. Idk if maybe you had certain inspiration for the color choice or if the mob is suppose to be some sort of creature, but it doesn't quite seem human to me. Almost gives an alien vibe.

The position of the head also seems weird to me. It looks like it has no neck and the shoulders connect to the head pretty high up. Makes the entire mob seem hunched over. Almost resembles an ape-like structure.

Sorry if this is too critical. I am still new to pixel art myself so this is really just an average joe's opinions. Overall, I think its pretty cool and much better then anything I could make. :D
Pretty much what Zero said.

The palette looks more like cooked chicken meat more than human skin lol, actually Hue shifting would help if you are h*ll bent on using this base color. Otherwise look into more pinkish tones

http://www.bruiser.ca/images_tutorial/skintones.jpg

As far as the head, like Zero said, he has no neck :I so raise it up a bit. Also the way that the shoulders are completely rounded contributes to the "ape-like structure".

Finally, normally I wouldn't use Anti-aliasing on a base, however I would say that this one needs it, because the shading and smooth, rounded shapes are giving it hard, choppy edges.
When I look at it, it seems like the torso is backward, there is no sort of defined pectorals or anything I would maybe make a chest area in a lighter shade and do the lower torso in a darker shade?

Edit: I just zoomed in a saw you did but there is very little contrast.

Okay made you an edit, kept the original on the left and included the palette I used. My edit is i squared of the shoulders slightly, obviously changed the palette, I changed the shape and shading on the torso and the outline and shape of the feet. Enjoy! :D

In response to GreatFisher
Good edit, but the guy looks like he has stiffened his arms a little, spread his legs, and leaned his head in to perform a loud all-out shout. That's what I think of given the way things are spread out, and the head is.

This is, of course, simply a reminder to the OP so he knows what else is left to fix that wasn't in your example.
I was just following his structure as I assume he wanted it too look that way.
I was aiming for 3/4 perspective.....that's why I placed the head where it was...since I'm not very good at either perspective or colors It shows.

I also was aiming for a simple base no 6-8 pack or super toned muscled jock.

I like the colors you used on the edit,Ill try and fix it when I have a chance.

Thanks for the skin tone palette lillius,Ill try and incorporate it next time.
The knees look like they're bent, but at front-on perspective. Try changing the shading so only the upper thigh is highlighted, instead of everything from the knee up. That probably won't do as an outright solution to the legs not quite looking right, but try tweaking from there.

I tried frontal view and then isometric view base...iso seems easier.
I know the skin colors gonna get bit of crit but i like it.

Anyone know good tutorials for iso sword slashing,walking,jumping,ect...
Did you have any external help on that last piece?
Like what?other than deviant art human anatomy sheets no.
Uh the level of detail on the isometric base, does not match the level produce on the original piece of work, hence why I asked, as it was easier to presume you received a crit in the form of an edit, as opposed to randomly coming across the possession of a vast knowledge of the concept of anatomy.

Then again I could always be wrong ^^..
This isn't my first piece of pixie art,I've been around......Im more into pencil and paper......not my first isometric base either.
I think what Skyiden is trying to say is not whether how long you've been doing it but the change in the base. I mean even if i took forever on a base it'll still share some same characteristics as my old one, yours doesn't. Even to me its really different going from a yellow guy to a white guy with that much details. Just wondering if you referenced or anything. x_x but the pillow shading on the first guys chest kinda makes it look weird.
I really like the isometric views on the second example you provided it's very detailed IMO, you wouldn't happen to be interested in teaming up for a new project, paid of course.
I scratched him im just using it for a base on humanoid type monsters,Went for a more simpler base.Im not joining any team sorry im not very reliable since I don't spend much time on my comp.....and I tend to lose my art to computer crashes and wipes what not......Im just making a sprite sheet at the moment(just frontal view).....had few monsters but my brother wiped the hard drive....maybe ill post some when I get a few.

Well as for that base it should look awesome I spent about 1 to 2 hours just getting the proportions the way they should be.Im better with turfs and that sorts of stuff.

PS
If you want an example of my work with iso you can look through my previous post.......I had a previous account I.love.ninjas it might have isometric as well.
In response to Skyiden
MademanOne has produced some very high quality artwork in the past. The isometric base is more on par with what he is capable of than the art in the first post.

new base seems to be little to pink but ehh.
Attack stance and shout/absorption states.