ID:99653

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
There is already a command (.ping) that returns a ping of sorts. Why can't we access this information to display latencies and such?
I would like this feature implemented.
A simple proc to return the latency report just like the .ping client command -- without the extra text, just the number.
Mhm
Not the first time this has been requested. Derp
This has been requested a few times since I started browsing these forums. Any response from Tom or Lummox if you'll ever implement?
@ Hiro and Darke:

My opinion is, if things like this stay as "New" than it just hasn't been requested enough to catch Tom or Lummox's eyesight.
I agree with inclusion of the feature so that the server can ping the client; this would provide reasonably accurate feedback to determine how fast the connection is going.

Though it likely won't be the same under all circumstances because of differences between up/down speeds on both the client and server.
Not only this, but I'd like to be able to ping a world at all times, even if Topic tried otherwise, so that I can complete a few systems I've been working on.
bump
+
+
Bumped.
I ++ this bump and raise you a += 1.
Yes, please.
++
+
I think Lumo said no to this one awhile back, but I still want it!
+
Why on earth do your want this?
This would be impossible to implement as a var. It'd be feasible as a proc only, but the overhead to handle it would be annoying.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Why on earth do your want this?

1) Matchmaking servers could determine the best server to place you on.

2) You can automatically kick players with high ping.

These are two common uses in other games- feasibility of implementation is one thing, but let's not act like it's some crazy idea.
Page: 1 2