Mega Man

by Kajika
Mega Man
A short example of a Mega Man game using BYOND.
ID:99823

Unfortunately I've been unwell the last week and have made very little progress. I've completely stalled on Mega Man so I've decided to go ahead and release it now to keep the momentum going.

Read the bottom of the post for the change log.

-----------------------------

Capture the Flag

New mode added to Mega Man. Teams try to steal a blinking question box and take it back to their base. Unfinished, game goes forever right now.

I'm not familiar with CTF style games, so it is seriously lacking. Basically, I'm not sure how multi-player should work. I've used up most of my energy building the engine.

Let me know how well it runs with 6-8 players.

Suggestions would be nice, a detailed explanation of how Mega Man should handle CTF would be even better. Eventually I'd like to have someone else make a good map for this mode.

Duel Monsters Online Testing

It shouldn't be too far away. The first test will only have a few testers, probably less than 5. Too many testers will spread my attention too thin.

Keep in mind nothing is really playable. If you don't make it, you're not missing out on much.

Mega Man Change Log

Fixed
- Protoman+Bass had missing Super Arm(Carry) icon states
- Life HUD wasn't updating between stages
- Could take damage from bosses after they had been destroyed, sometimes their AI also continued after death

Changes
- Removed test room

Features
- Capture the Flag: New mode(unfinished)
- Sliding

New
- New Enemies: Screwbomber, Big Eye, Flea
Enabled comments for everyone.
When will you finish working on this? I love this game! This is the best example of Mega Man on here other than the other jerky controls for the others.
I somewhat gave up on it after the lackluster response to the game. Now BYOND has supported pixel movement I may be able to retool some parts of the system to increase efficiency.

Were you more interested in the completion of the single player game or the multi-player part?
In response to Kajika
Kajika wrote:
I somewhat gave up on it after the lackluster response to the game. Now BYOND has supported pixel movement I may be able to retool some parts of the system to increase efficiency.

You should check out the Sidescroller library. It makes it easy to implement most features that you'd see in a Mega Man game (the older ones, at least).
I love this game! update more!, I was more interested in the completion of the multiplayer part, I play with a friend, and its very fun ^^ and its the best megaman example game :D