This is a limited form of Binary Space Partitioning. Limits include:
- All partitions are rectangles.
- All coordinates are based on positive integers. (Similar to /atom locs.)
Differences from my obsolete BSP 2D library include:
- Active maintenance, bug fixes and performance improvements.
- More useful group splitting options.
- The option of horizontal and/or vertical edge wrapping.
- The ability to toggle corner neighbors with a single proc instead of setting a parameter in every related call.
- Many more coordinate detection options.