ID:258380

Yeah I made a new base along with the help of Chris on the Light Source. I think it's pretty good.

Comments / Fixes / Crits Welcome
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:
Yeah I made a new base along with the help of Chris on the Light Source. I think it's pretty good.

Um. I should say so far it looks good, It has a light source and everything. But one thing that looks creepy. The chest, it looks like his wee wee is sticking out >.>. You can like put the pixel out a little to make it look more chest like.

I edited it and this is somewhat what i meant. You can use the original if you like.
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

Your drawing over the base as if it has no muscle and is just a complete ball... First colour the base the same on both sides, then after add releavent parts to it... Also mix your colours up abit(Like i did on the right)
Photobucket

In response to Chris-g1
Chris-g1 wrote:
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

Your drawing over the base as if it has no muscle and is just a complete ball... First colour the base the same on both sides, then after add releavent parts to it... Also mix your colours up abit(Like i did on the right)
Photobucket

Thanks =D Both of you.
In response to Chris-g1
Also, the little chest part in the middle goes in, not out, so it would be shaded more darkly, then lighter on the left side of it when it raises. How it is now sticks out too much, and your colors need a little saturation to them.
In response to Chris-g1
The outline color you changed is a bit too extreme. Darken it a bit, and perhaps shift the color back a tad.
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

Why would they rip you if you ripped it yourself?
In response to Son Danny
Talk Son Danny what are you saying?
In response to Rasengan3oo4
I never ripped? >.> Its all scratch.
In response to Son Danny
Son Danny wrote:
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

If your talking about it being like your base:

Similar? Kinda
Ripped? No
I always did my Heads like that so maybe thats why it looks similar. I even have my old icons with those heads. >.> Otherwise : NO RIP :D
In response to SSJ Dark Trunks
Similar.... try extremely similar.

It looks as though the shoulders were just dropped down and it was recolored.
I layered them up and they fit together exactly.(Layered with dropped down shoulders.)
The head is the same size in both along with the eyes and eye brows. The legs are the same and the pants are the same pixel size.

If you truly didn't rip this then somehow you did an amazing job ominously copying, without knowing it.
In response to Akto
I have plenty mroe icons that I use the exact same technique in the head and pixels. Syn [The creator of those icons], got taht from me. I actually got him into iconning. So ya. Dun blame me >.>

Edit: My icon is also smaller...
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:
Son Danny wrote:
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

If your talking about it being like your base:

Similar? Kinda
Ripped? No
I always did my Heads like that so maybe thats why it looks similar. I even have my old icons with those heads. >.> Otherwise : NO RIP :D

legs,arms,pants,head only few pixel smaller :S i say rip syn ripped javster (jav confirmed this) and your ripping syn ('always making your bases like that >_>; rofl...')

thank you akto for saving me some work :)
In response to Son Danny
Let's cut back on the witch hunting.
In response to AmonR
You wanna see some bases? Ok

See? I've been making heads similar to that before so that doesn't mean I ripped.
In response to Son Danny
I just checked it out, and i'm 90% sure he did not rip that base from you. The only thing that was perfectly similar was the head, because its shape and the eyes are the same; I've made heads with the exact same outline of other games bases before too without knowing. There is only a small 32x32 spot to work in, yet thousands of bases, so yes, a lot of them will look similar. There is definitely enough differences to show that it isn't ripped.
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

See? I've been making heads similar to that before so that doesn't mean I ripped.

Akto proved enhough,

Show both Syn & Your base to javster he'd reconize an edit of his works.
I even have the Original base syn edited from since im using it for DBA with Javsters permission.
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
I just checked it out, and i'm 90% sure he did not rip that base from you. The only thing that was perfectly similar was the head, because its shape and the eyes are the same; I've made heads with the exact same outline of other games bases before too without knowing. There is only a small 32x32 spot to work in, yet thousands of bases, so yes, a lot of them will look similar. There is definitely enough differences to show that it isn't ripped.

Thank you!
In response to Son Danny
Son Danny wrote:
SSJ Dark Trunks wrote:

Akto proved enhough,

Show both Syn & Your base to javster he'd reconize an edit of his works.
I even have the Original base syn edited from since im using it for DBA with Javsters permission.

I see a rigid, pillowy, yellow, almost alien looking base being compared to another base where the only real match is the outline of the head and eyes, and small similaries that you can find in 90% of the bases on Byond, specifically in places like the hands and feet. There's really no compelling proof here. Again, the witch hunt is over. If you're still hurt over it, take it to the pager.
In response to AmonR
What people are forgetting is you're using a small 32x32 square to replicate essentially the same thing: a humanoid body. There's always going to be similarities. And considering most people come here to get their work criticized and are probably looking at threads in which other peoples' works are being criticized, most people are learning the same basic techniques. Naturally, there are going to be bases that look similar to each other but it doesn't necessarily mean someone is ripping your work.