ID:186756

No swears.
Sorry, Typed before I thunk.
In response to Strawgate
Um, no. Perhaps that excuse flies in a chat environment, but not in a medium like this. There's always the Preview and Edit buttons. I usually proofread my posts numerous times before actually posting them. Even then, I'll go back and check up. There's no "it slipped" excuses here.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Um, no. Perhaps that excuse flies in a chat environment, but not in a medium like this. There's always the Preview and Edit buttons. I usually proofread my posts numerous times before actually posting them. Even then, I'll go back and check up. There's no "it slipped" excuses here.

~X

Got that right. It doesn't really matter to me because its not to offend anyone. It's not like he's say "F*** you!", or "GOD DA** F***ing $h**!". 'scuse me if I harmed anyone o.O.
In response to Xooxer
Oh man, the D-WORD I think I'm scarred for life now!

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
Oh man, the D-WORD I think I'm scarred for life now!

~Kujila

The post was edited. It was originally the f-word.
In response to Airjoe
Oh. My smart-alleckness has been reversed on me. =/

~Kujila
In response to King Gunnerblast
Personally, I don't care if you curse 'till you're blue in the face and your ears sprout dasies. You won't hurt my feelings one bit. The fact remains, though, that this is a community that has rules and guidelines. There is no excuse, including not knowing about the rules.

Oh, and btw, using funky symbols to try and mask the curse word is not acceptable either. There is no auto-ban bot searching through the forums and punishing everyone who types the F word, it's handled by real people who can see just as clearly as any other person what the word is supposed to be. There's no acceptable way you can cuss on the forums.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Why not program up a jiffy word-filter? :D

~Kujila
In response to Xooxer
Oh, and btw, using funky symbols to try and mask the curse word is not acceptable either.

This has been a bone of contention among the moderators for some time. Me, I don't mind when someone types "f---ing", because how do you know they don't mean "fishing"? :)
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:

~Kujila

Why should they have too? People should obey the rules :P
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
This has been a bone of contention among the moderators for some time. Me, I don't mind when someone types "f---ing", because how do you know they don't mean "fishing"? :)

Context. And by allowing masked curses, you allow masked agression, which we can do with less of around here.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Gughunter wrote:

Context. And by allowing masked curses, you allow masked agression, which we can do with less of around here.

~X

Freud said that we all have an instinct called the Thanatos, an instinct for destruction and aggression.
He said that you could channel your aggression onto more socially acceptable things- like sport, for example.

Why don't the BYOND staff, with their uber-1337 skillz make a horrifically violent and gorey BYOND game to satisfy and tame what might be horrid trolls? (eg. me).
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
Kujila wrote:

~Kujila

Why should they have too? People should obey the rules :P

Why should they make car alarms? People shouldn't steal cars :P
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Freud said that we all have an instinct called the Thanatos, an instinct for destruction and aggression.
He said that you could channel your aggression onto more socially acceptable things- like sport, for example.

Why don't the BYOND staff, with their uber-1337 skillz make a horrifically violent and gorey BYOND game to satisfy and tame what might be horrid trolls? (eg. me).

How about hub://Kunark.TypingProgramofEverlastingBloodshedandDeath but with more blood and guts? :)
In response to Strawgate
Your right, they shouldnt have to make car alarms or anything like that. But morons dont obey the rules.
In response to Smoko
And of course, all of this has EVERYTHING to do with a new network lol