ID:186355

Poor Koshy needs help from any of you nice people out there with a little extra spare change. Being that I'm broke with very few options at the time, I can't afford to be too proud to beg.

Due to a little mishap, my computer is now... "dead".

Whether it's 3 dollars, or 3 cents, any and all help is much appreciated. My goal isn't as high as most would expect. My aim is to gather enough to get the essentials, and use working parts that I already have to complete the rest. I will keep you all updated on my progress and let you know if/when I reach my goal.

Please send all donations to my paypal account at [email protected]. If you do donate, please be sure to include at least your first name or byond key. Even if I can't pay you all back, I'd like to at least give you all personal and proper thanks.

Thank you again,
Koshigia
Kosher Dills....hmmm..
In response to Sniper Joe
Does that mean I'm tasty, or you the type of person who picks the pickles off their burger?
What was the mishap?
In response to Loduwijk
It all began with a spider, and ended with my computer laying on the concrete floor of my basement with various things ruined, including what I once thought was a salvaged hard drive. I've gotten over the fact that the source of some of my original works are gone, but now the next step is into at least get something up and running. I'm sure I'm not the only computer addict here.
In response to Koshigia
I can't understand how people do that... Pickles are good! My brother hates 'em with a passion, and will go to any lengths to avoid eating them. That I can't understand...

Uh-oh, off topic.

BDW: Can I get a more lengthy explanation than:

It began with a spider, and ended with my computer on the concrete floor...

or should I use my imagination?

Imagined scene: Koshiga, irrationally fearing spiders, is programming a sweet game when a monster spider climbs onto his computer screen. He freaks and grabs the nearest weapon, a baseball bat...

Need I cntinue, or do you get the gist of it? (is it accurate?)

--Vito
In response to Vito Stolidus
Well, my basement floor is concrete. This random spider attacked me. I didn't get scared but I lost it before I could kill it and I moved my bed to find it. I must've been tired because when I was moving my bed back I bumped the the computer and toppled it over onto the concrete. I think I'll keep my computer a little lower from now on.
Special thanks to YMIHere for being the first to donate, and JK for inspiring me into this begging spree, as well as pushing me along the way.

Donations:
YMIHere $20.00

Total = $20.00

I'm grateful for what I get! Thanks, guys!
Sorry to ressurect this, but I'm still far from close to reaching any sort of goal.

I know most BYONDers are generally young, so I don't expect the lot of you to start throwing money at me. If any of you have any spare parts to call your own, those are welcome as well. I think I'm set with a case and power source... I'm all set with a CD rom and floppy as well.

Now what's left is the big boys. Ram, processor, motherboard, and hard drive. Granted, some things may not be compatible with others, but if it came down to an e-bay sale, or downgrading/upgrading slightly to make use of a certain part donated, I am up for it.

Once again, if donating something would be a strain on you in any way. Don't do it. I'll survive without a computer. I've done it before and I can do it again. Otherwise, keep 'em coming! :P

Koshigia
In response to Koshigia
I have a question for any hardware wiz out there. How reliable are refurbished motherboards and/or hard drives from places such as newegg.com? I'm looking to cut my costs by buying already cheap parts even cheaper to make this money stretch as far as it can go. Donations are scarce (still only recieved one :P)

Koshigia
In response to Koshigia
Best to save up and go for new, you never know how long used electronics can last, and you don't have the factory tech. support for it if it does break down, just a third-party that may not know anything at all about it.
In response to Nadrew
Did you destroy everything, there must be some parts that didnt break.
In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
Did you destroy everything, there must be some parts that didnt break.

I was on an older computer to begin with. I've salvaged everything that -does- or may work fully or otherwise. A lot of it I haven't gotten to test fully or partially, which is why I'm shooting to replace the bare-bone essentials and nothing more. I have a spare cd drive and floppy so those are definately unneeded. Sound card isn't essential, the video card seems to have survive the fall. Ethernet seems to have survived as well. Ram MAY be functional, all or some. I am unsure. I'm not really in the best position to do full testing, being that the only computer I have access to isn't mine and I wouldn't feel comfortable swapping in and out parts that I know may be faulty (chances of something going bad are slim, but it's a respect thing).
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Best to save up and go for new, you never know how long used electronics can last, and you don't have the factory tech. support for it if it does break down, just a third-party that may not know anything at all about it.

Makes sense to me. I am on a severely limited budge though. Think it would be wiser to downgrade in equipment capabilities as opposed to gathering refurbished parts?
In response to Koshigia
What part's are broken?
In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX
Haha, forgive me. I guess I didn't do the greatest job of answering your question. I have a tendancy to ramble. :P

Motherboard
Processor *
Hard-drive
Ram *

(*) May be alright, but unsure.
Come on! It's just like Jerry's Kids Telathon! Every dollar helps, you all. Maybe I should set up a dunk tank. Or maybe a "drunk tank". Alcohol seems to get people in the modd for a lot of things.
In response to Koshigia
how high was it when it fell? did your try to fix it , or did the parts brake?
In response to Koshigia
Koshigia i am sorry i am only 14 and have absolutly no money or stuff to my name so all i can do is wish you luck and hoep you reach your goal
In response to Wicked Clown Corp.
Wicked Clown Corp. wrote:
Koshigia i am sorry i am only 14 and have absolutly no money or stuff to my name so all i can do is wish you luck and hoep you reach your goal

No hard feelings. I appreciate a supportive comment as much as anything. Thank you for taking the time to even read this thread and reply. Honestly. :)

Koshigia
Page: 1 2