ID:185949

If I own the game and add it to my favorite does it up the rank, or just take a couple hours to go through?
It usually works automatically. I boosted Deadly Waters from rank like.. 189 to about 99 after adding it to my favorites.
In response to Justin Knight
Thats weird, maybe its like auto timed, been like 3 hours and the ranks I submitted wont work :(
In response to Derekjeterisgod
I don't really know for sure. I was checking the whole ranking system, and at lower ranks there are two or more games in one rank. It might update every few hours, but make sure you put in the game creators and game names in correctly.
In response to Justin Knight
i did it straight from the ga,e the Add to your favorites thing
OK, must be like every 5 hours, it just went through
The rank won't necessarily go up noticeably, because the extra points it now has may not be enough to boost it up above the next game.

I suspect someone else added it to their favourites, which caused the jump 5 hours later. I believe it's supposed to take effect instantly.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
The rank won't necessarily go up noticeably, because the extra points it now has may not be enough to boost it up above the next game.

I think it goes up more if you are a benefactor. The higher benefactor you are, the more ranks or points it goes up.