ID:185577

Any good, anyone ive asked love it. I want some BYONDers opinions before I spend 50 bucks :)
Well, I bought it... Yesterday started around 5, racked up a good 13.5 hours already. 10/10 in all categorys. Great gfx, awsome gameplay. Even comes with a free FFXII, although havent tried it yet DQ8 is just to addicting!
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Okay, the FFXII demo is crappy, bad battle system :(
Derekjeterisgod wrote:
Any good, anyone ive asked love it. I want some BYONDers opinions before I spend 50 bucks :)

It just screams Dragonball Z, so if you don't like dragonball z, don't get it.

Theres even a way to get super high tension [hercule had this move in Budokai] and when you do, the main charater goes like a mix of kaioken and super saiyan and his hair gets all golden and spikey and you do like 300X damage.
In response to Shades
Heh, that's funny, considering the characters are designed by Akira Toriyama...lol

Although, I suppose that resemblance should only extend visually, and not to gameplay elements... But maybe the game designers and Toriyama had some brainstorm chats together...lol
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Yeah, the back of the case says image design from the makers of DragonBall. I swear I saw hercule in it too lol.
At first I thought it would be bad. I accepted the fact that it was a possability and finally bought it--very good game. :)
Lets not forget the main Character looks like Serge from Chrono Cross. <3 SERGE IS SO HOT!
In response to GITS-Motoko
Yeah.. In the first quest you have to do, the "old man" looks exactly like Hercule.
In response to GITS-Motoko
GITS-Motoko wrote:
Lets not forget the main Character looks like Serge from Chrono Cross. <3 SERGE IS SO HOT!

yeah except he dosen't at all because I got the damn case here right now in my lap for chrono cross.

He looks more like gohan or goten. Of crouse I dont think Akari did any art work for GT, but I might be wrong.
In response to Shades
He worked on GT, just as an artist, though. He didn't do any writing.
Derekjeterisgod wrote:
Yeah, the back of the case says image design from the makers of DragonBall. I swear I saw hercule in it too lol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In response to Sarm
Sarm wrote:
Derekjeterisgod wrote:
ZOMG that is like, too weird. I think Id go insane and rip my eyes out if I saw that in real life.
In response to Shades
Not enough chest hair. ;)
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
GITS-Motoko wrote:

yeah except he dosen't at all because I got the damn case here right now in my lap for chrono cross.

He looks more like gohan or goten. Of crouse I dont think Akira did any art work for GT, but I might be wrong.

Assuming you mean "CT" for "Chrono Trigger", then yes, you are indeed wrong...

Akira Toriyama did do all of the artwork/character design for Chrono Trigger (which should explain any similarities between these works)...

However, he did not work on the sequel, Chrono Cross, so there shouldn't be any direct similarities between character design from that game and the Toriyama works... Unless the artists for Cross wanted to emulate the look of Trigger...
I think he means GT as in Dragonball GT o.o
In response to Mysame
The trouble with that interpretation, though, is that GT doesn't really have anything to do with the subject of his post, or the one he was replying to... So, it really doesn't make sense to include GT...
Deos really, the future goten and trunks o.O.
In response to Mysame
But he said "looks more like Gohan or Goten", refering to the main character of DQ8... Gohan is old enough by the end of DBZ to look like this character (who looks rather young, anyways), and actually might look a little too old by GT...

As for Goten, he, too, is old enough in the final episodes of DBZ... But, I believe he was thrown in there simply because of the strong family resemblance that all three male members of the Son family display...

Although I suppose I can't really know what Shades meant, but it certainly doesn't seem like he would have brought up GT...

Heh, I can't believe how off-topic this is getting, maybe we'd better drop it...lol
Meh, i might get DQ8 tommorow, i'm choosing from 8 games i can only get three some of the choices are RE4(Ps2), DMC 3, MGS 3, DQ8, and some other games, so if i don't get it tommorow, i'm most likley getting it for my birthday(Jan 18) if i decide not to reserve a Ps3. :P
Page: 1 2