(I get 1mbps while twitch recommends/requires 2mbps)
To alleviate what Baird is complaining about, perhaps we can allow that entries be submitted anonymously?

Needless to say, you don't have to submit anonymously, just that you can if you're really that afraid of biased opinions of entries.

All in all though, it seems a pretty baseless and petty claim that entries can't be treated fairly because "people hold grudges".
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
All in all though, it seems a pretty baseless and petty claim that entries can't be treated fairly because "people hold grudges".

I'm going to join just so I can vote your entry as the worst. #Baird4lyfe
o.o well that escalated quickly xD
To alleviate what Baird is complaining about, perhaps we can allow that entries be submitted anonymously?

I agree. Who are the judges? If we have all the projects simply zipped up and sent to the judges by name by the receiving party, we could eliminate any partiality.
In response to Bravo1
Sounds good in concept but people are going to be posting live updates/screenshots/teasers (as they always do) on the contest thread I'm sure. It's part of the fun and I wouldn't want to take that away from this contest for such small and insignificant circumstances.

Honestly I expect people to vote for what game they truly think is best of the mix, not based on anything except for good game design. Don't bring emotions, past experiences, or any of that into your decision making process. We're hopefully all mature enough to put the sanctity of the contest results before petty personal grievances.
Well, my point is that you can if you want to, but you don't have to. There's no specific gain or loss whether or not you submit anonymously, but if you feel you need to, you can, and after the contest finishes, the creator can step forward to claim their prize.

I mean, we know who's competing, I'm just saying we shouldn't have to attach the projects to our names if we don't want to.
In response to Oasiscircle
Oasiscircle wrote:
Honestly I expect people to vote for what game they truly think is best of the mix, not based on anything except for good game design.

That's my expectation as well. I think the developers that entered are all mature enough to do so.

In response to Bravo1
I'm okay with allowing anonymous submissions as long as the developer has some way of confirming with me they are who they are if they are to claim a prize. But the be really honest with you, I'm hoping this can all go down without having to worry about stuff like that.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

I agree. Who are the judges? If we have all the projects simply zipped up and sent to the judges by name by the receiving party, we could eliminate any partiality.

I'm going with Baird is just too chicken to make a twerking game. Obviously I'm right. #EndGame.
Rather than throw some more money at the winners pool, I'd definitely like to give this contest a few more contributions. I have an idea I would absolutely love to do for it, but my track record on doing things with my schedule has always been a bust.
In response to Baird Techie
Baird Techie wrote:
Oasiscircle wrote:
Why is that? :/

Leaving the votes to tasteless, people that be on the forums and not the gaming community is just a really bad idea. I won't even waste my time.

Are you suggesting that the random public should have a vote? That's an even worse idea imo.

Anyways I agree with you Oasis, I believe people are mature enough to simply select games that have good design/mechanics and won't bring bias into the equation.
Also, UPD4T3 and I are joining forces.
In response to Digits
Fantastic! I'm eager to see what you two can come up with! :)
For the record, I think the rules are clear. So long as people can't vote for their own, voting by finishers and donors is good enough.
I'd also like to take some comment space here to suggest that someone should try to put Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch into their game, we need some good vibrations.

Come on, come on.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
lol! OMG Zecronious...
Hurt.
Oasiscircle. Your website and these forums give two different times for when this starts.

My computer is on GMT+12 because I'm from New Zealand and your website is saying to me that the contest is in 2 hours when really it's in more like 15.

Your website time is misleading for people who don't live in your time zone.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24