ID:1646475

Turns out you're not allowed to use the phrase tldr on BYOND.

It's a waste of time and completely rude. I agree with his decision towards deleting it. I hate seeing someone "TL;DR" on anything. Why bother commenting at all if you're not even reading what's in the conversation in the first place?
Pretty sure if tldr was a major issue, he would have said that instead of pointing out your attitude. This post seems to be taken out of context.

You were posting in Developer Help to help a user and, after another user pointed out the issues in your post, you responded with tldr and nothing else. We want users to be helpful in Developer Help and not go the childish route of "If it works, it must be right!" once someone points out the flaws in their code, or in this case "tldr" as it has the same effect.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
It's a waste of time and completely rude. I agree with his decision towards deleting it. I hate seeing someone "TL;DR" on anything. Why bother commenting at all if you're not even reading what's in the conversation in the first place?

If the post is say 20 pages long I welcome TL:DR's :)

Just because I read something doesn't mean I have to comment either, it could just be interesting to me.
If your comment is just dl;dr, put some actual thought into your post or don't post at all.
In response to A.T.H.K
Doesn't matter. If you're not actually commenting on it or even reading it, you shouldn't have any business there in the first place. Especially if you're using TL;DR in the rude way he did. There's literally nothing positive about posting "TL;DR". You're basically telling the person who wrote it(which they don't even care if you read it or not), that you didn't read it and they're fucked because why not? People just can't seem to understand the simple fact that when someone makes a post the only thing that matters are actual responses to that post. It's a waste of time not only for the person posting TL;DR but the person who has to deal with it. If you don't see what's wrong with it then to each their own I guess. I personally don't like to have my time wasted.
QQ Zec
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
Doesn't matter. If you're not actually commenting on it or even reading it, you shouldn't have any business there in the first place. Especially if you're using TL;DR in the rude way he did. There's literally nothing positive about posting "TL;DR". You're basically telling the person who wrote it(which they don't even care if you read it or not), that you didn't read it and they're fucked because why not? People just can't seem to understand the simple fact that when someone makes a post the only thing that matters are actual responses to that post. It's a waste of time not only for the person posting TL;DR but the person who has to deal with it. If you don't see what's wrong with it then to each their own I guess. I personally don't like to have my time wasted.

Nice wall of unformatted text.

If you're not actually commenting on it or even reading it, you shouldn't have any business there in the first place.

What?

Especially if you're using TL;DR in the rude way he did.

I never saw it, a proper TL:DR is informative..

There's literally nothing positive about posting "TL;DR".

Incorrect, if you have say 10 replies which are all relevant you can group them into one TL;DR which is the way it should work..

eg, OP posted about the lack of UPnP on BYOND, several people have stated it's not needed, many argue that the HTML5 client will come out soon so the feature will be a waste of effort, the 1%ers want it..

^ This is a quick example and should only be used on say a 5 - 10 page topic, obviously with more information added to it.

Anyway your post is hard to read with that formatting, I could for the convenience of other users (if you weren't to edit it) do a TL;DR or .. quote and modify it which is imo more offensive.
THESE NAZI MODERATORS MUST BE DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY. THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOMS DAY BY DAY. THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT UPON THE BASIC RIGHT OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH. BUT NOW THEY WANT TO TURN BYOND INTO SOVIET RUSSIA. THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR NAZI MODERATORS TO FORCE THEIR TYRANNICAL IDEOLOGIES UPON US IS FOR GOOD DEVELOPERS TO DO NOTHING.

SIGN THE PETITION NOW

https://www.change.org/petitions/ byond-nazi-moderators-give-back-the-people-of-america-the-ri ght-to-freedom-of-speech
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
MDC wrote:

Nice wall of unformatted text.

Thank you. I'm sorry you have issues reading something short and together.

If you're not actually commenting on it or even reading it, you shouldn't have any business there in the first place.

What?

My point is, for example right here you're actually responding to me. You could have said "TL;DR" which doesn't contribute to anything.

Especially if you're using TL;DR in the rude way he did.

I never saw it, a proper TL:DR is informative..

Refer to Lige's post.

There's literally nothing positive about posting "TL;DR".

Incorrect, if you have say 10 replies which are all relevant you can group them into one TL;DR which is the way it should work..

eg, OP posted about the lack of UPnP on BYOND, several people have stated it's not needed, many argue that the HTML5 client will come out soon so the feature will be a waste of effort, the 1%ers want it..

^ This is a quick example and should only be used on say a 5 - 10 page topic, obviously with more information added to it.

Anyway your post is hard to read with that formatting, I could for the convenience of other users (if you weren't to edit it) do a TL;DR or .. quote and modify it which is imo more offensive.

I understand if a topic has 5-10 pages and you're not exactly responding to everything, but my point is you're responding with something rather than wasting everyone's time by posting "TL:DR" which contributes to nothing.

I'm sorry you have trouble reading. You should get that checked out. I'm not here to write perfect essays. I'm simply here to respond with my opinions, which have been very readable.

THE NAZI MODERATORS HAVE ALSO SILENCED OUR GREAT PROPHET DEVELOPOUS. DEVELOPOUS HAS CONTACTED ME SEVERAL TIMES TELLING ME THEY ROBBED HIM OF HIS RIGHT TO SPEAK. WITHOUT OUR GREAT PROPHET DEVELOPOUS HERE TO LEAD US, HE MAY NEVER REALIZE HIS NEXUS AMBITIONS. ALL THE POOR GUY WANTED TO DO WAS UNITE ALL GAMES. THE NEXUS HAS BEEN UNDER DEVELOPMENT FOR ALMOST A DECADE. IT MUSTN'T STOP HERE. HE WAS ALMOST SUCCESSFUL. JUST WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO ADD THE FINISHING TOUCHES AND LAUNCH THE NEXUS, THE NAZI MOD BATTALION BARGED IN AND SHUT HIM DOWN. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH MY BYONDITE BRETHREN. STAND WITH ME AND TOGETHER WE SHALL RISE AGAINST THIS GREAT INJUSTICE.
In response to MDC
You're opinion means squat if no one can read it due to incorrect formatting..
Is this better? I can't think of any more simple a way to say it.

In response to Cloud Magic
Cloud Magic wrote:
QQ Zec

"Hobbies: Smoking, Drawing, Watching Anime, Reading Reddit, Freestyle Rapping"

QQ life.
In response to A.T.H.K
You're no one to say what's correct or incorrect. I could say the same thing about a lot of your posts but as long as it's understandable is what matters. Which so far you're the only one who can't read so I don't really care.
In response to Zecronious
I think "I'm a big douchebag who doesn't know any better" fits better. You missed the point completely, but I'm not surprised.
lmao ET, if I could "like" your comment I would.
In response to MDC
U mad? U sound really mad.
In response to Zecronious
Thank you for proving my point. :) Though you're the one who's upset, which is why you made this stupid post in the first place. Cry more about getting your unnecessary post being deleted. :P I'm done here, there's no point in arguing with an idiot. Enjoy!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8