ID:268912

=/
Is it possible? I've tried everything I could think off...
You may wish to elaborate.

However, I believe only changing the RBG value of one state of an icon is very possible, however you are going to have to manually using the new state modification functionality the BYOND team has graced us with! ^_^

If you want to change just a single portion of an icon, such as a mob wearing a blue shirt and blue pants, but you want to keep the shirt blue, and make the pants black... While possible, will take a very large amount of work to make it actually happen.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
If you want to change just a single portion of an icon, such as a mob wearing a blue shirt and blue pants, but you want to keep the shirt blue, and make the pants black... While possible, will take a very large amount of work to make it actually happen.

Hmmm...could you please list some of procs I may need?
In response to Hell Ramen
I can write a theoretical snippet if you'd like, Which method would you like to see?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I can write a theoretical snippet if you'd like, Which method would you like to see?

Sadly, the hard one. =/
Sorry if this is bothersome. Thanks for helping.
http://www.freewebs.com/ter13_byond/colordemo.zip

(note, the file above isnt working in my browser, so I don't know what the deal is... O_o Is it working for you?)

Note that I never attested to the usefulness of such a system.

You're better off using overlays.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
http://www.freewebs.com/ter13_byond/colordemo.zip

(note, the file above isnt working in my browser, so I don't know what the deal is... O_o Is it working for you?)

Note that I never attested to the usefulness of such a system.

You're better off using overlays.

I guess so, that looks uber hard. >_>
Thanks anyways. :p
[Edit]Yeah, it works.
It's not that hard, it just requires a mask for every piece of clothing. So, why not just have an unclothed base, and then the clothing overlays, to which you can swap/add color to however you want? It's just plain wasteful, as a matter of fact.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
It's not that hard, it just requires a mask for every piece of clothing. So, why not just have an unclothed base, and then the clothing overlays, to which you can swap/add color to however you want? It's just plain wasteful, as a matter of fact.

Well, hard as in time consuming. =/
That's why I'm just going to use overlays.
Thanks. :p
Hell Ramen wrote:
=/
Is it possible? I've tried everything I could think off...
SwapColor proc (icon)
See also:
icon
icon procs
rgb() proc
Format:
SwapColor(old_rgb,new_rgb)
Args:
old_rgb: the old rgb value to be replaced
new_rgb: the new rgb value to use in its place
This causes a color value in the icon's palette to be changed

In response to Teh Governator
He wanted to know if you could change one part of an icon, without touching the rest of the icon even if the colour was the same.

Just look below and you'll see my solution.