ID:265355

_>
I r teh suck at icon making.
Besdies the one Wizzie has posted, where are other good sites for tips on pixel art tutorials?
In response to Elation
Ahh, thanks Kholint. <3
In response to Hell Ramen
You don't need no stinkin' tutorials, just sit and make icons over and over again. Try different methods of shading, try different angles, and decide what kind of outlines you are best with!

Just try different things! I'm not the best iconist on the planet, but I'm not bad, and I learned by practice. You should have seen my icon pack about two years ago, it was abysmal, but at the time, it was the best I could do, most people loved it, they thought it was great, but I thought it was crap after about three or four weeks. Though, it did pull in about thirty or fourty dimes.

I might go make another...
In response to Ter13
_>
That's the point, I hate drawing.
=/
I'd rather drink urine from a squirrel then draw.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I'm not the best iconist on the planet

You'd be a heck of a lot better if you didn't use that word.
Thanks for that disturbing image. -_-

Why do you want to learn to draw if you don't want to draw? =)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Thanks for that disturbing image. -_-

Why do you want to learn to draw if you don't want to draw? =)
You're welcome. :p

So I can finally finish a game that I can code, yet not create icons for, except for using the fill feature and stickmen.
Use placeholder icons until the game is done, and then use public domain graphics (and I mean actually public domain, not RPGMaker or similar =) ) and/or get artists to do graphics for you (they'll be much more willing once they know the game is complete). That's what I do (I can't draw very well either). +)
In response to Crispy
But I can't really complete a game without icons (if you include mapping and the battle system).
Text mode.
That's why he said placeholder. Use what you can make till you have a fun working game. Let people play it and then when people see that it is good, icon artists will be waiting in line to be a part of the project.
Hell Ramen wrote:
_>
I r teh suck at icon making.
Besdies the one Wizzie has posted, where are other good sites for tips on pixel art tutorials?

I've got plenty: this pixelation topic is full of them!
In response to Wizkidd0123
Whoa.
My.
God.

Thank you Wizzie. ;o
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Text mode.

Good idea! Text mode is really easy to, uh, "draw" in. =)

As an extra incentive, once you've got the icons in, people will still be able to use text mode, so you've at least partially catered for a Linux audience already!
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
As an extra incentive, once you've got the icons in, people will still be able to use text mode, so you've at least partially catered for a Linux audience already!

And by Linux Audience, we mean just digitalmouse.
1.) www.phylomortis.com (IDraw)
2.) www.ambrosine.com (Anim8tor)