ID:265374

_>
That's right, I'm going to -try- to make a Clue clone for BYOND, seeing as it's simple. (I've got nearly everything done but the map). Ssoo, anyone have a map of the Clue board game?
Do you need an exact layout? Why not create one yourself? Have it interact with BYOND a little, like one room would be "Developer Central". Maybe some books, computers, things like that would be located.
In response to Crashed
Crashed wrote:
Do you need an exact layout? Why not create one yourself? Have it interact with BYOND a little, like one room would be "Developer Central". Maybe some books, computers, things like that would be located.

Ms. White in the Unpublished Channel with a Zeta Rip! Sounds fun! =)
In response to Wizkidd0123
You've been charged with a Zeta rip, your punishment: GM in a random RPG!
In response to Crashed
XD
I'll try that, now I just need some ideas as weapons and people. =/
I'll make the objective to find out who killed Dan (obviously). :d

Obviously Tom would be a suspect, but any others?
_>
Thanks for the idea
In response to Hell Ramen
hmmm...You could be a suspect.
Or maybe you can make the players the suspects.
List of suspects:
Player1
Player2
Player3
Player4
Player5
Player6
Etc.
In response to Jamesburrow
I don't think up to 6 players would join the game, though.
I never said there had to be six. Make it to where it updates the amount at the begginning of a game and don't let anyone log in after its started.
I made a straight up Clue clone for the 4k challenge, so obviously it isn't dripping with features. :p
http://games.byond.com/hub/tenkuu/DayoftheDeadLiving

And the cryptic source. ;)
http://members.byond.com/tenkuu/files/DoDLsrc.zip

A more fully featured game, possibly with additional features or elements not found in Clue would be nice. :)
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
I never said there had to be six. Make it to where it updates the amount at the begginning of a game and don't let anyone log in after its started.

But, then, if there were 2 people playing, it would be obvious who the murderer was to each player.
Hell Ramen wrote:
Jamesburrow wrote:

But, then, if there were 2 people playing, it would be obvious who the murderer was to each player.

You haven't played Clue before, hmm? The murderer can be anyone, even a character who isn't in play.

A notable game I had with my parents several years ago actually had my stepmom win the game by naming her own character as the murderer. =)
In response to tenkuu
Dang, I was hoping to make something that wasn't on BYOND yet... :(
But, yeah, I may add a few extra features, and I won't use graphics, I'll be using text mode. :P
Hell Ramen wrote:
Dang, I was hoping to make something that wasn't on BYOND yet... :(
But, yeah, I may add a few extra features, and I won't use graphics, I'll be using text mode. :P

Since Clue is a board game, it seems to me that graphics would lend themselves to it. Of course, it's your choice, and it would still be fun in text mode. =)
Yeah, but, I can't really make graphics. :'(
Hell Ramen wrote:
Yeah, but, I can't really make graphics. :'

Sure you can! Anybody can do it. No matter how much artistic talent you may or may not have, I guarantee that if you read up on the subject, and you try hard enough, that you'll be able to make decent, or even more-than-decent graphics! You might even suprise yourself with the quality of your art! =)

Take a look at some of these tutorials: especially this one!
I already did. x_X
The best thing I can do is make an uber stick figure, but I'll try.
Hell Ramen wrote:
I already did. x_X
The best thing I can do is make an uber stick figure, but I'll try.

Before you make sprites, try making tiles. Persoanlly, I think that tiles are a better starting place.
I do worse at tiles. =/
Is there a place where I can upload stuff without signing up? I want to show you my gruesome icons. :(
Hell Ramen wrote:
I do worse at tiles. =/
Is there a place where I can upload stuff without signing up? I want to show you my gruesome icons. :(

Don't say that about your own work =P. http://www.imageshack.us
Heh, thanks, here's an example:
(Colonel Mustard and wood flooring)

Sssseee?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5