In response to Hell Ramen

The best way to examine an icon is to make it bigger:

This really isn't too horrible. What you need to do is to tone down the gradients: as the tutorial syays, it makes everything look like shiny plastic. The wood tiles wouldn't be too bad if you would make them brown, as opposed to such a red-ish color. Also, think of a wooden texture: you're drawing wood, not plastic!

As for Colonel Mustard, mustard is a yellow, and not an orange, color: look at his card:

Also, he probably wouldn't wear blue jeans, and if he didn't, they wouldn't be so gradiented.

Try and fix them: if you think about what I said, you'll be suprised at how good they'll turn out! =)
In response to Wizkidd0123
:(

=/ I still phail, even though I think I got rid of the plastic shininess-shi.
I'd have to disagree. You did a much, much better job with the textures! Now, you need to change the colors around. The wood needs to be browner. Colonel Mustard needs to actually be mustard-colored: look at the color on that card.

Hmmm...I can't really find a color to simulate his shirt, but I think I fixed the floorboard problem. Thanks Wizzie. :)
What's Clue?

Don't you mean Cluedo?!

!?!?!!?!

Anyway, I think you should use characters like Tom, Lummox JR, Lexy, that kind of people. :)
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Anyway, I think you should use characters like Tom, Lummox JR, Lexy, that kind of people. :)

I have no clue what they look like, though. =/ *cough*bad pun*.
But I picture Lummox as yellow, Tom as red, Lexy and orange, and stuff. >_>
The first colors that come to my mind.
I picture wizzie as blue!
Hell Ramen wrote:

Hmmm...I can't really find a color to simulate his shirt, but I think I fixed the floorboard problem. Thanks Wizzie. :)

Great job with the wood! I told you that you could do it! =)

Now, onto the Colonel. His body is beginning to take shape, and the color scheme is fine. Also, I like what you've done with the shading. What you need to do is to define his body. Right know, his shoulders, his knees, and his chest are invisible, his chin and mouth are both non-existant, and his feet are pointed at a 180 degree angle from each other (have you ever seen a real person do that naturally?). Right now, the Colonel is a decent icon. Fix those problems, and he'll be a masterpiece!
Hell Ramen wrote:
Elation wrote:

I have no clue what they look like, though. =/ *cough*bad pun*.
But I picture Lummox as yellow,
<---- /me approves
Tom as red,
<---- Yeah, s'pose it fits. Or powder/pale blue.
Lexy and orange, and stuff.
<---- Lexy's gotta be purple or black, like how she looks!
I picture wizzie as blue!
<---- Heh, yes :)
In response to Elation

I think he shouldn't. It makes it too personal-sounding. Creative names are key.
Hell Ramen wrote:
_>
That's right, I'm going to -try- to make a Clue clone for BYOND, seeing as it's simple. (I've got nearly everything done but the map). Ssoo, anyone have a map of the Clue board game?

Hey ramen,does this mean you are done with that rpg(Tales of Pristine?) if so message me on aim.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Jiskuha
Nu, I just need icons.
Do you have MSN? My PC refused AIM/GAIM. =/
Then we can get started again. :o
Hell Ramen wrote:
Nu, I just need icons.
Do you have MSN? My PC refused AIM/GAIM. =/
Then we can get started again. :o

Yeah, Let's take this to the pager.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Spuzzum
Yes. But the point was to only use the characters that were playing. Of course, the players still wouldn' know who did it. Like you said, you could be the killer and not even know it. Of course, code it to where there is at least one comp player(if there is only one player, you could probably make it to where it looks at the amount of players before generating him)
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
Yes. But the point was to only<.i> use the characters that were playing. Of course, the players still wouldn' know who did it. Like you said, you could be the killer and not even know it. Of course, code it to where there is at least one comp player(if there is only one player, you could probably make it to where it looks at the amount of players before generating him)

That is a good idea, but AI is a hard topic.

(Someone needs to fix their HTML =P)
In response to N1ghtW1ng
oops, ok fixed. And, I never said it neede to be AI. Just that there could be one or two NPC's. hell, they don't even have to be NPC's, just names.
Of those that I know/encountered, i agree completely
especially about "wizzy"
In response to Jamesburrow
=/
I want to make something original that no one has done yet, so meh. Maybe I could release a simple demo on this.
Hell Ramen wrote:
=/
I want to make something original that no one has done yet, so meh. Maybe I could release a simple demo on this.

No one has done a Clue game and released it. Hell, it would be fun: do it! =)
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Hell Ramen wrote:
=/

No one has done a Clue game and released it. Hell, it would be fun: do it! =)

/me wonders if that pun was intended.

Also, Wizzy, check this post out =P [link]
In response to N1ghtW1ng
N1ghtW1ng wrote:
/me wonders if that pun was intended.

Nope. =P

Also, Wizzy, check this post out =P [link]

I saw that, but tenkuu didn't release it. Also, tenkuu's was made for the 4k challenge, so there were plenty of features he left out due to space issues.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5