In response to Wizkidd0123
Off topic: WTF NU THE BYOND HEART CRACKED

On topic: I really see nothing else to add besides what tenkuu had, I literally am bad at coming up with ideas, Wiz. =/
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:

Heh.

On topic: I really see nothing else to add besides what tenkuu had, I literally am bad at coming up with ideas, Wiz. =/

Personally, I would be contented with a BYOND-themed Clue: Who killed Dan? Was it:

• Lummox JR in the developer forum with a BYOND Ban?
  • splattergnome in NautiTown with a bolt of lightning?
  • [player] in [place] with [weapon]?

The list goes on! To keep it fresh, it would be nice if you could keep a list of players from which the game could pick the suspects out of. Of course, the number of suspects would have to be limited to about seven to keep the game at a resaonable length, and you would have to have some hard-coded suspects in case nobody had played on a particular server before.
But, Wizzie, I'm not that creative. =/
That's why I can't really do things.
But, thank you, for helping me turn:
this to this

this into this
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Hell Ramen wrote:

Heh.

Personally, I would be contented with a BYOND-themed Clue: Who killed Dan? Was it:

• Lummox JR in the developer forum with a BYOND Ban?
  • splattergnome in NautiTown with a bolt of lightning?

The list goes on! To keep it fresh, it would be nice if you could keep a list of players from which the game could pick the suspects out of. Of course, the number of suspects would have to be limited to about seven to keep the game at a resaonable length, and you would have to have some hard-coded suspects in case nobody had played on a particular server before.
Lol. I really like that idea.
Wizkidd0123 wrote:

---- Adding Quote won't work with HTML ----

Mertek in The Lounge with the chrome *beep*.

-Angel ^_-
In response to Angel of Flames
XD
Except it would be the bathroom, now wouldn't it?
/me likes the first one better...

Again, I can't stress how much I'd dislike a BYOND-themed Clue. If it had any community underpinnings, I'd never play it.

Games are about having fun, not gossipping.
In response to Spuzzum
I think it would be fun.
Actually, thats pretty good.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:

Wait...Spuzz...you don't REALLY think Dan was murdered by someone on the BYOND staff?
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Again, I can't stress how much I'd dislike a BYOND-themed Clue. If it had any community underpinnings, I'd never play it.

Oh no: I wasn't talking about hard-coded solutions. I was using those as examples of possible weapons and places. No gossip there. Still, I personally don't see what's wrong with "Who killed Dan?".
Oh no: I wasn't talking about hard-coded solutions. I was using those as examples of possible weapons and places. No gossip there. Still, I personally don't see what's wrong with "Who killed Dan?".

I'm not talking about hard-coded solutions either. But if you're playing as "Lummox JR" and trying to find out who killed "Dan" with what snippet of code, it totally sucks the ambiguity right out of it.

Inside jokes do not a game make.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I'm not talking about hard-coded solutions either. But if you're playing as "Lummox JR" and trying to find out who killed "Dan" with what snippet of code, it totally sucks the ambiguity right out of it.

Inside jokes do not a game make.

I don't know about that. For example, Simpsons Clue is full of Simpsons-related jokes. Why can't BYOND Clue be the same? Still, you have a good point there: the non-forum-going, non-Chatters-going portion of the BYOND population wouldn't be likely to understand alot of the jokes.
Could you fill me in on what a clue game is?

By the way Ramen, [link].
In response to DeathAwaitsU
http://www.google.com/search?&q=clue+game+rules

As in the board game Clue. The objective is to work out who the murderer is.
I suppose I'll play a Devil's Advocate, and say that the best way to get the layout of the Clue map is to buy the game. ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I suppose I'll play a Devil's Advocate, and say that the best way to get the layout of the Clue map is to buy the game. ;-)

I can't really find the original version. =/
I had it along time ago, but lost it.

Also, Death, I'll look at it, you've been the most helpful with finding bugs. >_>
I do. But as long as my comp is down, no scanner
In response to Crispy
Its really a fun game. Don't know how it could only be an american thing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5