ID:259946

Psst, you should really let us pick from skins. Why? I'd pick the old DS skin, but still pay. :p Heck, I'd just pay for the old DS skin back!
Being able to "skin" Dream Seeker hopefully will be coming in 4.0

It's even rumored that it's server side, meaning what game you play determines what skin.
In response to Flame Sage
That would be so nice. OR custom skins!? Like you can create your own...somehow
In response to ITG Master
That'd be kickass. D:
*plasters Inuyasha all over DS*
In response to Hell Ramen
Lol, Yea, I would have a sweet evil one.
Actually I take that back, you CAN skin your DS right now!

Something called a... can't remember, just forum search something about skinning or editing...

But anyway, it allows you to edit the overall look and feel of it (so if you wanted, you could put inuyasha stuff all over it)

I doubt dantom or BYOND staff smiles friendly at this, but it's only client based so it does not effect anything.

Also: You can't redistribute it, that would be illeagel.
I'd pay just for the old BYOND back.
In response to Bloody Rose Gaming
I agree. I hate the fact you can't visually search the hub through DreamSeeker. =(
If skins are added, it should be a developer tool so people can make skins for their games. If they want to take it further, players should be able to skin their pager.
In response to Rahowa
Rahowa wrote:
I agree. I hate the fact you can't visually search the hub through DreamSeeker. =(

Bah. It's just as good surfing the site through your internet browser. The button to it is right on the "Games" panel. "Find a Game..."
In response to SuperAntx
I'm pretty sure that everything reguarding skins has been discussed and a rough outline of how it will work has been confirmed. Search the forum for a while and you're bound to find it.
You can skin it with ResHacker
In response to Smoko
And we get this where?

EDIT - Nevermind I found it usin' GOOGLE!

EDIT2 - I found it before u posted ^_^
Google, dont be lazy
In response to Hell Ramen
Me and you think alike-sorta. I already have the background of my comp taken up with an inuyasha scrrenshot, I would love to have DS be too!

[EDIT] I have discovered the key to inventing new languages: Get a dyslexic to type your message for you (I think I may be part dyslexic, I can never seem to go three words without getting it all scrambled...)[/EDIT]
I think a server-based skin ability would greatly improve the look and feel of games. Games that are intended to carry a darker mood could have a dark skin, and things meant to carry a lighter mood could have a light skin. And then all the fan games could have skins covered with what the game is about. Tom, and everybody else, "I approve this message."

RD
Flame Sage wrote:
I doubt dantom or BYOND staff smiles friendly at this, but it's only client based so it does not effect anything.

Also: You can't redistribute it, that would be illeagel.

Actually, the staff supports efforts to make third party programs to enhance the Byond experience.
In response to Bloody Rose Gaming
Bloody Rose Gaming wrote:
I'd pay just for the old BYOND back.

Hah, that makes little sense. :p
In response to Loduwijk
True, but we don't support people redistributing a modified version of the package. The current license text specfically states that.