ID:276586

He's spamming his blog to hell and this is probably taking a HUGE toll on the BYOND servers.

I don't know wether to do this or the support forms, but this needs to be dealt with and fast. :|
I stopped spamming long ago, i'm trying to delete the Blog Post, but at the time my Browser is lagging so much i can't even get to the Member's page, Once Sol started spamming it took a turn for the worst.
In response to Divine Apprentice
It's still the fact that you spammed and the fact that you could do it again. Even if you're "sorry" about it, the fact is is that you still did it. Maybe a temporary ban from posting on your members page would be in order. Week, maybe two. I can hardly navigate on the site.
In response to Tiko
Same, it's going as slow as a sloth.
Can we say: That's what you get for flaming people on your space. There is a way to combat this: Ban him from your blog, dummy!
In response to Tiko
Actually, i stopped when Hell Ramen said "STOP!", then Sol just kept going for about 20-30 pages. My spam did not cause any lag, because the site didn't lag until Sol started to spam.
That doesn't make it right for you to spam in the first place either, though.

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Hell Ramen
I admit I did this. I had no idea it would crash byond. Me and divine are really sorry. Please don't ban us from byond. He said stop and then I stopped. But before that I just clicked like crazy. I didn't even give a second thought to it. I thought the response would be something like "O_o, rofl wow over 500 posts." Not "STOP, YOU CRASHED BYOND OMG BAN"
In response to Solbadguy500
You should probaly be banned from BYOND if your responsible for crashing it. Thats just common sense.
In response to Nesso
Either me or divine crashed it. It's not for sure which one.
Haha, you spammed for like 20 pages. :P

I only spammed until Hell Ramen jumped in and told us to stop. <_<

Once you started to spam, i was trying to type something, indicating that the site was VERY LAGGY, i closed my browser, and i couldn't go onto the BYOND website, the screen was white for awhile until it finally loaded, then i look back onto the site, and the blog is like 551 comments long.Then i replied "SOL STOP IT ALREADY", and i deleted the blog post.
You were spamming like 10 pages. And when byond crashed the first time you continued posting blank messages.
We're both responsible for our actions, we shouldn't have been spamming in the first place, fun or no fun.
true that
Saying your sorry doesn't take it back. You still did it, and hopefully, your memberships will be suspended and/or revoked.

It's nothing against you, but...still. It's like in a game...you don't want someone coming in and spamming. If you do, you get banned. This is exactly the same.
I agree he shouldn't flood his blog like he did, but whatever happened to BYOND's servers wasn't his fault, because there should be a good prevention system for those kind of things, but there isn't.
Solbadguy500 wrote:
I admit I did this. I had no idea it would crash byond. Me and divine are really sorry. Please don't ban us from byond. He said stop and then I stopped. But before that I just clicked like crazy. I didn't even give a second thought to it. I thought the response would be something like "O_o, rofl wow over 500 posts."

Welcome to real life, where it's important to give a second thought to things you do. It's also important not to do stuff like spam Web sites or chat rooms.

Seriously, you thought people would be amused at seeing over 500 posts? Can that even be called a thought? If you were thinking at all, clearly you could not have come to that conclusion. Spam gets three kinds of reactions: 1) annoyance (the majority), 2) indifference, and 3) the emergence of copycats. In other words, almost everybody would be upset by what you did, and the few people who might find your stunt amusing would be the kind of trolls who would make things worse.

Not "STOP, YOU CRASHED BYOND OMG BAN"

I don't know whether your actions affected the server that badly or not. They're certainly banworthy, though. You did know better, because there's no way you couldn't. Spam bad. Spam very bad. You knew what you were doing was obnoxious and wrong, but you still did it. At this point it's probably water under the bridge and you won't be facing any BYOND ban for it, but that kind of clemency comes with the expectation that you'll learn to behave immediately and that nothing like this will ever happen again from you.

You've probably just dodged a bullet. Now go take a gun safety class. That is, learn some Netiquette, right away, and live by it. And I mean serious Emily Post/Martha Stewart style Netiquette, not something like "don't spam more than 20 times". You're a guest on this site and every other that you visit. Behave like a welcome guest, and your hosts will treat you as one.

Lummox JR
In response to Tiko
Somehow this reminds me of the Proelium membership debate. :o