ID:277157

wuts a cave stroy lol

http://zenixstudios.com/files/wn/CaveStoryUltimate.rar

Cave Story is a freeware Japanese (the link is the translated version) sidescroller. The graphics aren't the best, but it's a pretty damn kickass sidescroller.

the download contains:
Included in the archive:
- Cave Story (EXE) and the /data folder (english patched)
- Cave Story Mac installer (DMG)
- Cave Story Mac translation patch (TAR/APP)
- 290.rec files for each different title screen
- Game saves (Profile.dat) for a 3 HP run, snake run, and spur run, all Hell-enabled
- Guides (TXT):
- The original Readme and Manual (HTML), plus AGTP's translation readme
- The walkthrough I used the first time I played (doesn't cover Hell)
- Two profile hacking guides
- A guide to programming TSC (for use in Sue's Workshop)
- My own Cave Story FAQ, taken from my various topics
- Editing programs (stand-alone EXE):
- OrgMaker - Pixel's program for making and editing ORG music
- All the ORG music files from Cave Story (can only be used with OrgMaker)
- Sue's Workshop - tool for level/script editing and modding in general
- OrgView - program for playing Cave Story's music (cannot be used with separate ORG files)
- XVI32 - a hex editor program, can be used to hack game save files or to make PBM spritesheets
- Modded games:
- Polar Star Challenge - my challenge of beating Ballos with just a Polar Star
- Serious Cave Story
- Wallpapers (PNG, mostly 1280x1024) of Ballos, plus do-it yourself foreground and backgrounds

blargo no lunchbox

[edit] This was copy+pasta'd from LUElinks, so, if something doesn't look right, you'll know why.
Cave Story is awesome, I played it a while ago. Couldn't get the third ending without cheating though, that boss is really hard! =) I did at least manage to get the second ending without cheating, though. The boss sequence for that ending was a lot of fun.

Personally I prefer the Japanese name, Doukutsu Monogatari. It sounds a lot snappier than the literal translation "Cave Story". At least they could have translated it as "Story of the Caves" or something.

But I prefer to watch anime with subtitles instead of dubbed, so what do I know. =P
In response to Crispy
Be glad the game doesn't have voice acting!

Anyways, what I'm waiting for is the port to the Gameboy Advance (may be shifted to the Nintendo DS. Who knows!) and the Playstation Portable.

Playing Cave Story on the go would rock.
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:
Be glad the game doesn't have voice acting!

Heh.

Anyways, what I'm waiting for is the port to the Gameboy Advance (may be shifted to the Nintendo DS. Who knows!) and the Playstation Portable.

Hey, I didn't know about that. Cool.

Pity I've already finished it and I don't have any kind of handheld gaming system, but oh well!
What do you use .rar with?
In response to EGUY
WinRAR
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
WinRAR

I'd reccomend 7zip, I find it to be much better than winRAR.