ID:278418

I had made an icon file with 2 states. One's a movie state and the other just a pixmap state. The pixmap state is just a blank icon and I assigned it the Movement flag, while the movie state is the normal non-movement state. However, when I assigned my mob this icon and moved, the movement state was never... activated (for lack of a better-suited word). When I changed the blank pixmap state to a blank movie state and tried again, it worked. Is this intentional to only allow movie states to be movement states? If not, then this would be a bug and I should report it.
Should I post this in BYOND Discussion?
In response to Spunky_Girl
No, you should post it on the Bug Tracker.
In response to Nadrew
Well I was hoping to get a little feedback from you guys on whether or not I should put it in the bug tracker, or don't bother because it's intentional. Oh well.
In response to Spunky_Girl
Spunky_Girl wrote:
Well I was hoping to get a little feedback from you guys on whether or not I should put it in the bug tracker, or don't bother because it's intentional. Oh well.

That wouldn't be intentional. If the atom is gliding then the movement state should be shown. Not showing it for a single-frame state wouldn't make any sense and it'd be difficult to explain properly in the documentation.

I should point out however that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Dream Maker; the bug is clearly in Dream Seeker, where the game actually runs. If Dream Maker is compiling and loading the icon just fine then it is not involved.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Well I submit a bug tracker on it, so if you want see for yourself, you know where to go :)