Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287821

Have been very slowly murdering my way around this game. It gets intense in some parts, but after you find a few items it gets easier to handle. I'd love to talk with people who've subbed and played a goodly portion of the game, compare and that type of thing.

EDIT: Iain, Omen. What. I don't want to brag but I actually took this horrible thing down. Is there any hint as to what happens?
Thanks for the subscription, glad you're enjoying the game.

As for the omen, I just looked at that part of the code and realized I forgot to enable that section of the map. Oops. It's a minor side area of the game not connected with the main storyline at all, so you can safely ignore it. I have an update planned with changes to the exp rewards of most monsters in the second half of the game so I'll release this fix at the same time. It's a rather large change (the exp thing) so don't expect the update any time this week.

Thanks for the feedback
In response to IainPeregrine
Ah, I see. Is Sanders something of the same thing? I fought him once after I did something to a certain cap'n.
Also, I liked what you did with the hidden medals. Still wandering around and sailing and looking for everything I can manage to locate before I end it.

One thing I have a question concerning, but I don't know how to word it without giving anything away, so this might be a little vague. There are charts in Alderdale depicting a cove where pirates gather, as well as sunken ships and an angry sea monster. Considering I have already broken through all the towers, have I beaten this thing already, or is it still out there?

Incidentally, you weave a good tale, and restraining myself to see how it ends is hard.

EDIT: Remembered something else regarding the cove, again, going to word it so I don't give somethin away. The two NPCs sitting at the table in the bottom left corner in the bar/inn display "ERROR 01: NO TEXT AVAILABLE" for some reason. I went back later, after clearing out a certain island, and then they had actual words to say.

2ND EDIT: Remembered yet another thing, this to do with the travel right after you break through the blockade of Alderdale. If you buy a ticket to Alderdale from Eastarbor, and sail back, like, immediately after you've arrived there for the first time, you are stuck. There is no ticket salesman yet. (I did this because I found a way to get some money, and could not see any other way to buy the Iron equipment at the time. I know better, now.)
In response to Ehergiz
Ehergiz wrote:
Ah, I see. Is Sanders something of the same thing? I fought him once after I did something to a certain cap'n.

That whole bit with the captain is nothing but a joke; there's no hidden area on that island. Sanders is there to kill you and provide a "reset" so you can get back to playing the game. You can always use the reset menu command, though. Even though he's a very minor part of the game, I still try to make something unique about every enemy. Sanders, if I remember correctly, mirrors the general stats of the player. So if you have 100hp and 20str, Sanders will have the same amount.

One thing I have a question concerning, but I don't know how to word it without giving anything away, so this might be a little vague. There are charts in Alderdale depicting a cove where pirates gather, as well as sunken ships and an angry sea monster. Considering I have already broken through all the towers, have I beaten this thing already, or is it still out there?

If you've been to all four towers (plus the ancient castle) then you must have encountered the sea monster already.

The two NPCs sitting at the table in the bottom left corner in the bar/inn display "ERROR 01: NO TEXT AVAILABLE" for some reason.

The NPCs do change their dialogue several times depending on what you've done on that island. I'll restrain myself from going into what they say, why they say it, and my geopolitical message and all that junk. If you're getting an ERROR 01 then that is something I'll look into and fix in the next update.

If you buy a ticket to Alderdale from Eastarbor, and sail back, like, immediately after you've arrived there for the first time, you are stuck. There is no ticket salesman yet.

Thanks for catching this. I changed around the ticket sales in Alderdale right before I released the game and have already had to fix several such problems.

Also, I liked what you did with the hidden medals. Still wandering around and sailing and looking for everything I can manage to locate before I end it.

Don't drive yourself crazy, there are some things that can't be solved. Back when I was studying literature I found that some authors explained everything, while others left a lot unexplained. I wish I could remember exactly what Tolkien said on the subject of Tom Bombadil, something about how Bambadil was a mystery even to him. That way there would still be something mysterious in the book years after it had been studied to death.

Incidentally, you weave a good tale, and restraining myself to see how it ends is hard.

It's great to know that you enjoy it. What has been your favorite fight/dungeon/whatever thus far?

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll get these fixes in the next update.
In response to IainPeregrine
Well, when I first got the crap knocked out of me, and wound up with the wandering tribe, I believe I located who I think to be Brother John, of the Larestrans now. This gave me a bit of insight as to what exactly the hell was going on.

I have to say, Ananke was the best, and the worst fight. At that point, I could feel what was happening next, and indeed, I am putting that off as long as I can. When your update concerning late game monster experience goes in, I'll get stronger and see what you've done for an ending.