Bleach Eternity

by Falacy
Bleach Eternity
MMORPG Styled Game, Loosely Based on Bleach.
ID:288350

Seeing as you plan to make a new revised version thats completely original, and contrary to my previous belief of their being 100 rips. Since Teka is now no lifing the slush pile, why not release Bleach eternity as an open source for subs? or even revise it to use it as the RPG starter. Bleach Eternity not only has good iconning, but impressive coding and i belivie it will not only help noobs learn better, but also help them and make them want to make something even better. It will also give a chance to show people like SilkWizard what decent coding is. Im not trying to be rude but we all know NEStalgia is one of the worst games to hit BYOND, and is only popular due to spamming ads of it to everyone they know. So, honestly, i think this would be a step in the right direction, please consider this, and even if the answer may be no, thanks for reading.
You should have said "newbs."
"Noobs" are the ones that make rips. So it doesn't help them.
Now, Falacy has said he's making BE original, but he might be doing what he did with HU2 and keep the same gameplay just changing the theme.
I also would not expect SilkWizard to spend his time and check out the source. Especially when it's available for SUBS only, which I'm sure Silk would not pay for.
BE is also a full fleged game. Using it as an "RPG Starter" doesn't seem to be that great of an idea.
In response to MasterMerv
If BYOND had a read-only feature... I would support this. But, alas... it doesn't. BE would turn out to become the most ripped Bleach game on BYOND... Surprisingly, it may just be more than all the BSoC Rips. Even if Falacy would restrict it to only his Subs, his subs can just send it to other people which causes them to send it to other people.
But then again, this is just my theory.

And plus, I don't think Falacy would have the patience to add comments to every single proc/verb he's made or even to something that's very complex.

If Falacy could somehow make a game... that contains the BE source yet has it so that you can't select any part of the code, that would be great figuring there are comments.

Anyways, you have my Adieu.
In response to MasterMerv
MasterMerv wrote:

Nope, Seeing as "noobs" rip, the main reason is they cant comprhend actual coding so htey take someone elses that already works. If Falacy/Strai actually commented everything theyd be able to see everything in full detail and most likely make their own game.
Now, Falacy has said he's making BE original, but he might be doing what he did with HU2 and keep the same gameplay just changing the theme.

Possibily but seeing as it will be "Original" so he can "Advertise" subscribtions i think hell actually finish it rather than leave it unfinished like the B:E source currently is.

I also would not expect SilkWizard to spend his time and check out the source. Especially when it's available for SUBS only, which I'm sure Silk would not pay for.

Actually from my experience it seems silk is very into Falacys games and normally makes a few rounds to his games per day on his alts. Even more so hed check it out just to act like Falacy is a worse coder than him.

BE is also a full fleged game. Using it as an "RPG Starter" doesn't seem to be that great of an idea.

B:E is only about halfway done, in my head that is. It could easily be a RPG Starter so "Noobs" can see a full segment done and working then comprehend it with all of its comments. Rather than the normal RPG starter so when they try something more complex they cant make it work, and resort back to C&Ping code.

In my opinion Falacy complains how noobish BYOND currently is, and i agree with him every step of the way. But if someone would make an easily guideable Full or even half of a game with complex code that is also commented so peopel can learn off it easier than the guide, It could surely fix that. Cause the guide is Overexplanitory on things people dont really want to know. Most people just want to know what it does and how do you use it. Not what it defines, or calls, Etc.
In response to Kenny84
Kenny84 wrote:
If BYOND had a read-only feature... I would support this. But, alas... it doesn't. BE would turn out to become the most ripped Bleach game on BYOND... Surprisingly, it may just be more than all the BSoC Rips. Even if Falacy would restrict it to only his Subs, his subs can just send it to other people which causes them to send it to other people.

This is true, but seeing as Teka123 is currently No-Lifing the Slush pile all rips are getting rejected so even if they made one it wouldnt be shown Via Search or Related games. Not to mention atleast hed make a little Extra money off of it.

And plus, I don't think Falacy would have the patience to add comments to every single proc/verb he's made or even to something that's very complex.

As i stated in my last post, Falacy, and most of the community including me agree BYOND is currently Trash. Rips, Noobish Coders, Keeping things simple. If you keep everything simple how do you expect anything to get better? I sat here 5 hours yesterday just to figure out how to make a Panel Toggleable cause i wanted to make it easier on players for my game. (Aka, hitting one button lets say "L" to show your stats and hide it[The 1 button toggle i was lookign for] Vs. hitting L to show it And L+Ctrl to hide it.) Now If Falacy commented and showed everything in this game, regaurdless of it getting ripped or not, it would still help out 50% of the BYOND community in terms of Coding Knowledge and even help newer people pick it up. And I bet if he does more decent games will show up in the near future of its release.

If Falacy could somehow make a game... that contains the BE source yet has it so that you can't select any part of the code, that would be great figuring there are comments.

Can sort of be done it you show everything Via Alerts, or Screenshots. Cant think of another way right now though.

Same to you.
In response to XxLucifersAngelxX
Omg :o I'm making a game and I chose to show the players Stats by pressing the "L" key! ... And now you bring it up in the same topic!? ...I'm being stalked D:

In response to Kenny84
Kenny84 wrote:

You read my mind o.o

Kenny, I should give you a reward for using some common sense. Want a lolipop?:o
In response to Andyextreme42king
I'm telepathic, to be honest.

And... um... Can I have a treat that I don't suck on? ... You playing Sexual Innuendo with me isn't comfortable. :/
XxLucifersJesterxX wrote:
Seeing as you plan to make a new revised version thats completely original, and contrary to my previous belief of their being 100 rips. Since Teka is now no lifing the slush pile, why not release Bleach eternity as an open source for subs? or even revise it to use it as the RPG starter. Bleach Eternity not only has good iconning, but impressive coding and i belivie it will not only help noobs learn better, but also help them and make them want to make something even better. It will also give a chance to show people like SilkWizard what decent coding is. Im not trying to be rude but we all know NEStalgia is one of the worst games to hit BYOND, and is only popular due to spamming ads of it to everyone they know. So, honestly, i think this would be a step in the right direction, please consider this, and even if the answer may be no, thanks for reading.

Why dont you make your own version of bleach eternity since you know alot about iconing and coding
In response to Kenny84
Kenny84 wrote:
I'm telepathic, to be honest.

And... um... Can I have a treat that I don't suck on? ... You playing Sexual Innuendo with me isn't comfortable. :/

lol I wasn't even thinking that until you said that. Guess someone has a pervered mind~ ;o
In response to Dbzmaster33
Dbzmaster33 wrote:

Why dont you make your own version of bleach eternity since you know alot about iconing and coding

First off, im a goodish coder that works hard on what i make, as for iconning i have little to no artistic talent, the icons i made took literially hours to finish. Not to mention id most likely ban every intelectual noob like you.
In response to Kenny84
Kenny84 wrote:
Omg :o I'm making a game and I chose to show the players Stats by pressing the "L" key! ... And now you bring it up in the same topic!? ...I'm being stalked D:

Lol, well i have 4 toggleable stat windows, one for world say, one for stats/commands/verbs one for Info regaurding log ins NPCs and Fights, and one for options. Also my game is full screen =3
In response to Andyextreme42king
Andyextreme42king wrote:
Kenny84 wrote:

You read my mind o.o

Kenny, I should give you a reward for using some common sense. Want a lolipop?:o

Read my other post regaurding his, thats my arguementish thing for this. lol?
In response to XxLucifersJesterxX
... Well, I avoided the Full Screen concept and instead, made it more of a widescreen. The Map Window stretches 1280x440, no more, no less. :P People with Small Monitors won't be able to play unless I do some configuring.

And, I don't have a commands tab because I'm planning on not having too many verbs so a Commands Tab will look like it's clustered.

I'd supply you with an image of the layout of my Stats Window but we're getting a bit too off topic, don't you think? xD
:/ Well then you'll only have a small population! That's no good :(
In response to Kenny84
Kenny84 wrote:
... Well, I avoided the Full Screen concept and instead, made it more of a widescreen. The Map Window stretches 1280x440, no more, no less. :P People with Small Monitors won't be able to play unless I do some configuring.

And, I don't have a commands tab because I'm planning on not having too many verbs so a Commands Tab will look like it's clustered.

I'd supply you with an image of the layout of my Stats Window but we're getting a bit too off topic, don't you think? xD

yeahh xD

If Strai ever did a bold move like this, he should take everything out. So it's just a basic RPG Game with missions/teams/etc.. Obviously he would never release BE as it is, but if he did i'd imagine it's be pretty blank, which is a good thing for starters nonetheless.
First off, im a goodish coder that works hard on what i make, as for iconning i have little to no artistic talent, the icons i made took literially hours to finish. Not to mention id most likely ban every intelectual noob like you.
I stopped paying attention at "goodish."
In response to XxLucifersAngelxX
XxLucifersAngelxX wrote:
MasterMerv wrote:

Nope, Seeing as "noobs" rip, the main reason is they cant comprhend actual coding so htey take someone elses that already works. If Falacy/Strai actually commented everything theyd be able to see everything in full detail and most likely make their own game.

No. Noobs are the ones who take sources and make the exact same game except they changed enough coding to make them an Owner. Look at Naruto: Next Generation and see if anyone's actually done something after it died.

Possibily but seeing as it will be "Original" so he can "Advertise" subscribtions i think hell actually finish it rather than leave it unfinished like the B:E source currently is.

Advertise subscriptions? He doesn't really need to since people already do that themselves. The game may be unfinished, but you can't expect him to finish it entirely the exact moment the original version is released.

Actually from my experience it seems silk is very into Falacys games and normally makes a few rounds to his games per day on his alts. Even more so hed check it out just to act like Falacy is a worse coder than him.

Silk talks alot about Falacy being a terrible coder than him. We all know that. Though, we should know that Silk does not go on Falacy's games and enjoy them. Much less, why would he pay to see coding? That'd be him denying his high ego, which we know he won't do.

B:E is only about halfway done, in my head that is. It could easily be a RPG Starter so "Noobs" can see a full segment done and working then comprehend it with all of its comments. Rather than the normal RPG starter so when they try something more complex they cant make it work, and resort back to C&Ping code.

Halfway? Someone's got their head in a bunch. Sure, the game could have alot more into it, but it is not JUST halfway done. Those are mostly extras though, and are not required. This cannot be JUST halfway.

In my opinion Falacy complains how noobish BYOND currently is, and i agree with him every step of the way. But if someone would make an easily guideable Full or even half of a game with complex code that is also commented so peopel can learn off it easier than the guide, It could surely fix that. Cause the guide is Overexplanitory on things people dont really want to know. Most people just want to know what it does and how do you use it. Not what it defines, or calls, Etc.

You agree with him every step of the way on how noobish BYOND's community is yet you want to give the greatest designed game on BYOND's coding out to this community? Please stop this foolishness.