ID:1724410

check out his upcoming game "Z Chronicles" with artist Gold94, looks better than DBOII ever did.
I like it.

The game looks good as well, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to DBOII.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
I like it.

The game looks good as well, but I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to DBOII.

I myself wouldn't either lol, he hyping my game to much.. I kinda lost motivation when I heard MDC's game SDBO is having a Open testing in a few days to... I'll see what happens..
DBOII is dead, and gone. It looked good, but I'm enjoying this art style more. It feels more animated.

I've already told you pal, get amped, you have solid competition.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
FKI wrote:
I like it.

I myself wouldn't either lol, he hyping my game to much.. I kinda lost motivation when I heard MDC's game SDBO is having a Open testing in a few days to... I'll see what happens..

Don't lose motivation because of SDBO :P Keep working your hardest. I'd like to check out your project as well. :)
Well I honestly only started cause I wanted to play a DBZ game myself but now the long lasted game I've been waiting for is having a testing soon I don't really want to continue anymore (UPD4T3 wasn't suppose to announce my project lol) But I either might continue it as DBZ or turn it into something else.
I say go for it. The more there is to play the more fun. What I'm doing is just light testing for now anyways :) How far along have you gotten with your project?
Gold is an escape artist lmfao
@MDC I got a decent amount of work done enough for a alpha testing once I ever get a decent enough beam system working lol. I got a couple of skills done, combat, leveling, and few other mechanics/systems. And like @Xyber said Gold is a escape artist so I can't fully complete stuff like character creation and other world. I have a fair amount of work done though not much for a full release.

EDIT: Gold has been gone for like 3 weeks now guessing he lost internet connection lol. We were good friends before starting this so I know he isn't avoiding me.
In response to Xyberman
Xyberman wrote:
Gold is an escape artist lmfao

lol'd
In response to Ganite
Ah okay that's good to know. If you ever need someone to test stuff let me know, I'll happily help out! I'm getting some work done on SDBO right now. Just woke up from a long nap x-x
It could do with some AA. The text is nice and smooth, but the ball is really jaggy and looks like it was just slapped on top of a vector font with no regard for the difference.

As a side note, and no offence intended towards Gold's art, I prefer the style of DBOII.
In response to Reformist
Heyah xP hows your game going? Im still interested in testing!
LMAO @Yut
GatewayRa wrote:
Considering how much time SDBO had to surface testing and how disgruntled the people were that contributed to the art, I wouldn't be intimidated by it in the slightest. You're showing much more promise already despite using ripped graphics.

Who was disgruntled exactly? I would love to know who you are and where exactly you get your information from :P But yeah I wouldn't be intimidated either. My project is nothing but a hobby :)
That's good to know :) He's actually still working on the game with me. There have been times where, due to my life, I wasn't able to work on the game. The same applies for him. I can see why he could have felt that way. I've felt the same way before as well. But he knows our goals and shares the same feelings I do towards the project so it will be okay.
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
It could do with some AA. The text is nice and smooth, but the ball is really jaggy and looks like it was just slapped on top of a vector font with no regard for the difference.

I agree that some AA was needed, didn't feel I should manipulate someone else's artwork without permission and just decided to work with what I was given.
Well, I decided not to drop the project the thought is completely out my mind now. After talking a bit with MDC he helped me out a lot by showing me some direction and motivation I don't see it much as "competition" anymore either (since it is just a hobby for me to). I also restarted from scratch starting with the login, to character creation and then the combat/pvp element to the game (strongest point we want of the game. *Also thank MDC for this tip.)

Fan the game and look out for some dev logs so tune if you want to catcth the next episode of Chronicle Z!
I'm now just getting to all of these threads based around logos and UI, and now I can get to this one.

First off, it's a logo, use vector art for this kind of stuff. I understand it's going to be a 2D pixel art filled game, but you don't have to "lower your standards" of a logotype to match it. Your Dragonball is all rigid and unappealing. The dithering on it added to the rigidness makes it an eyesore that really does stand out.

Kern your type a bit more, you have these letters so damn close then a giant Dragonball that not only is jammed in there, but also begins to unevenly cover letters.

Did you throw in that reflection because you didn't know what else to do?

I also feel that your typeface you chose, just doesn't help send the message or feel of this game. DBZ isn't really a sans-serif kinda series, find a good flowing serif font for that shit.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
First off, it's a logo, use vector art for this kind of stuff. I understand it's going to be a 2D pixel art filled game, but you don't have to "lower your standards" of a logotype to match it. Your Dragonball is all rigid and unappealing. The dithering on it added to the rigidness makes it an eyesore that really does stand out.

I disagree. If anything, the typeface should be more pixelated to reflect the games' graphics. Anything else will clash horribly with any type of promotional material.
Page: 1 2