Naruto: Eternal Memories

by Eternal_Memories
Naruto: Eternal Memories
Join various worlds in a battle between the evil and the good!
ID:1726907

What should be NEM's Future?

Tell me any recommendation related to the game, it could be anything. I want to know your opinion about the game's current state (such as being open-source and so)
Reccomend: making it not open sourced, continue this NEM project and expand it.

Suggestions:Changing the mechanics, combat, making melee combos.

Opinion of the current state: open sourced, theirs Brs with rips of NEM who ask them questions or failed NEM updates.
Most of the byonders don't know how to program, what's the use.
I second this, making it more like a modern fighting game would be interesting.
I have my own suggestion. There might be some people who don't know how to code, but fortunately I do. You should give the actual game away to one of the best players who update it regularly, and I third not making it an open source.
maybe have only a certain amount of characters available at first then during gameplay you earn exp or points towards unlocking other characters
I feel like you should limit the amount of available servers.
add more characters!!! at least to catch up with english sub episodes. i'll even help gather sprites and all...i love NEM but i wanna see it go even further, something different the other side scrollers...hear me out, people would love it.
also i wont forget about needing more jutsus, but i can contribute to that... i'm awesome at making icons and i wont slack either. i've been waiting to make potential in a game. it'll be a decent feat to the game. and i'd play it alot more
Destroy it!
BTW i have added 2 chars granny chiyo and mifune thinking of adding edo minao
oh i forgo about nagato dur that makes it 3
@DarkNinjaNaut, that sounds like a good idea, but I can't really work a lot on this game anymore, I have to study a lot so I rarely have free time to focus on anything else.
@Dragonpearl, you already have the source, so you can continue your version and host it on the HUB, it would be pointless to limit the amount of servers as I have only seen like two "different" versions so far displayed on the HUB, and they are never online.
@SaiyanBlood, as I mentioned before, I don't have that much time, and I don't feel like NEM needs a lot of new characters, as you can see the current chars look good in many ways, so adding new characters that don't fit the game's style would make it look ugly and I never wanted to do anything like that on NEM. Plus you already have >75 characters to use.
@Sorsei, o hell naw bruh.
In response to Eternal_Memories
Bruh. you should add a lvl system in nem so it noobs wouldnt be using a ranks and u dont have to buy characters
In response to Dragonpearl123
Dragonpearl123 wrote:
Bruh. you should add a lvl system in nem so it noobs wouldnt be using a ranks and u dont have to buy characters

What's the point though o-o... you'd eventually unlock them. With ryo the game already forces the new players not to pick some of the best characters. Plus most of the characters are balanced so it'd make no sense. And I don't really like the way levels work on games like COSAB or AL, I don't think it fits on casual sidescrollers like this xD
Its cuz to get more lvls you would be forced to play longer and you would learn to play any player can give someone some ryo for a character which would be a waste however i get your point and instead i think that there should be a maximum number of ryo u can recieve at a certain lvl to unlock s ranks perm
Most people will disagree, but the game needs to be more like COSAB in terms of Character variety and the amount of jutsus each character has MINUS the ridiculous OHKO's.

On NEM, most characters are a watered down versions of themselves and lack many of their jutsus, whilst COSAB gives every character damn near their full moveset.

NEM's movement/combat system is WAY better than COSABs, and the tactical/strategic elements of the game would improve if Sakura/Tsunade had their yin seals/ unlimited revives. If oro and Kabuto had edo tensei and their many sneaky ways of staying alive. This would make fights REQUIRE teamwork, because you have people working together to protect and take out enemy healers and other key players in the round.

You can always balance out characters by giving them less lives, (Would also emphasize the importance of healers and dividing teams into defenders/attackers)

Characters like SAI should NEVER be more robust than arguably the strongest shinobi to ever live, Hashirama. The guy is stuck with some pseudo-wood moves that he never really even used. Wheres his wood clones?

The game can benefit from taking what COSAB actually does right with its game, and thats making you feel like you're actually controlling a character from the manga/anime and not some restricted/nerfed version of them.

With a bit of tweaking to the strength of the jutsus/lives of certain characters/ Cooldowns, etc. You can manage to make a more robust and balanced game. It'll just take a shit-ton of work.
In response to SuigetsuKyouka
That sounds interesting, I would be up to change the game as long as it didn't imply adding some of the bad-looking characters from COSAB.

However, I am not a COSAB Player and I don't know much about it, so if we want to make the game better we need the players to send ideas (including sprites if possible) related to those things they want. I don't care if some important systems have to be changed as long as it makes the game better.

I don't think I have icons for Tsunade & Sakura's yin seals. Another problem is that if Orochimaru & Kabuto had Edo Tensei we'd always have an annoying player trolling around. However, Edo Tensei is already coded in, it's not that op (limited to 3 or 2 players, I don't remember, and they can be knocked out but it only lasts 30 seconds), they don't have unlimited chakra either, and some of their stats are slightly lower. Otherwise it would be too op.

How about asking the player through an alert if they want to be "Defensive" or "Offensive" when they pick certain characters, such as Kabuto? They could have less lives but less limitations on their jutsus.

I think Hashirama Senju needs to be changed aswell, but I don't have the icons required to give him different jutsus, and I don't want to use existing ones because that might be a bit "cheap" imo.

I would need a detailed list with all the changes required on every character, this would take time so you could suggest me a bunch of changes every day, or tell someone else to write it. I can't really play COSAB to check the differences between it and NEM because I just dislike playing it and being killed few seconds after joining.

So yeah, NEM currently needs it's community to start giving ideas related to the current characters & systems so it can get better.

Thank you !
Yo added sage mode hashirama, rikudos, kcm Naruto and kcm minato, give itachi izanami, add in shisui, add in menma as lock, add all jinchuriiks and give them bijuu and also final form as well. I want these character in the later future, also revamp the dodging system its very annoying because when we got to non stop pressing d like serious change it please
Instead of every charecter having 4 lifes give them 2? >.> shit gets tiring chasing the same person and get rid of that sub thing when they koed >.> add more jutsu's to every char and get rid of horrible admins
In response to Eternal_Memories
Eternal_Memories wrote:
That sounds interesting, I would be up to change the game as long as it didn't imply adding some of the bad-looking characters from COSAB.

However, I am not a COSAB Player and I don't know much about it, so if we want to make the game better we need the players to send ideas (including sprites if possible) related to those things they want. I don't care if some important systems have to be changed as long as it makes the game better.

I don't think I have icons for Tsunade & Sakura's yin seals. Another problem is that if Orochimaru & Kabuto had Edo Tensei we'd always have an annoying player trolling around. However, Edo Tensei is already coded in, it's not that op (limited to 3 or 2 players, I don't remember, and they can be knocked out but it only lasts 30 seconds), they don't have unlimited chakra either, and some of their stats are slightly lower. Otherwise it would be too op.

How about asking the player through an alert if they want to be "Defensive" or "Offensive" when they pick certain characters, such as Kabuto? They could have less lives but less limitations on their jutsus.

I think Hashirama Senju needs to be changed aswell, but I don't have the icons required to give him different jutsus, and I don't want to use existing ones because that might be a bit "cheap" imo.

I would need a detailed list with all the changes required on every character, this would take time so you could suggest me a bunch of changes every day, or tell someone else to write it. I can't really play COSAB to check the differences between it and NEM because I just dislike playing it and being killed few seconds after joining.

So yeah, NEM currently needs it's community to start giving ideas related to the current characters & systems so it can get better.

Thank you !

1- There are a few people within our own community who had /tried/ to add icons to the rips, they just suffer from small issues like being off-center or not looping the hit states correctly. incorrect fall states that make them dissapear, etc. I have asked a few of the guys to send the icon to me so i can actually fix it because I know a bit about iconning, I just need to see the states that apply to NEM and i'd be able to go in and troubleshoot those issues. On one of the nem rips there was a Granny Chiyo that wasn't bad and actually had a running state, unlike Kushimaru. (It just had an issue with the attack loops and occasionally didn't animate when it used melee. There are many people who are willing to throw icons your way, just take a look at them and if there is something missing, tell THEM to fix the issues)

2- Technically, you don't need icons for the seals. You can always do the easy thing, and add Pink or Torqoise aura's around them when it's activated to signifiy that they are using their seal. (Just recolor the overlay used for the Edo Tensei) But honestly, it's just adding lines to their forehead on the states, and I would be willing to go through each one and do that if you wanted that. And yes, the current Edo tensei severely nerfs whoever is edo'd, and when they are "knocked out" they come back in 30 seconds. I don't know how many times Edo tensei is coded to work, but i've seen up to 3. I would actually make it a bit harder to EDO someone, though. Make the positions of the corpses that died important by forcing the Edo user to have to stand over the corpse for like 20-30 seconds in a stun state in order to collect that persons corpse. That would make it a bit more tactical in guarding strong players who you do NOT want to see get edo'd, and protecting the edo users as they gather DNA to add a strong ally to your side. I don't know how hard it would be for you to do, but maybe you could add a dragging mechanic for ko'd/dead bodies? (Any damage taken by the carrier should force them to drop whatever they are carrying, and this should also slow the carrier down significantly probably by 30-40% of their current speed.) That way, if someone is dead in a high-traffic zone, you can once again use a bit of strategy to set up a rescue and get them to a more secure location.)

3-That is an interesting Idea. I'm guessing you would bring up a prompt that asks them if they want to be a more Offensive or Defensive, and it would select the version you have set up for that accordingly. My Question to that is, how would you really determine what makes the character offensive/Defensive? Would a Defensive Orochimaru just have binds and that wall thing he puts up with more hp/chakra? I'm curious as to how you would go about that.

4- One thing I encourage is that you use the tiers that are already in the game and tweak them based on the economy of ryo being distributed. You have people with 30,000 ryo that can use a chikushodo every round if they wanted to. You could also make hashirama A-rank and put him on par with the A-rank Madara. As far as existing jutsus, you have Wood Dragon, Wood Clone (There are actually some cool ways you can use the clone ability. Instead of clogging the game with another NPC, just make it like Sai's/Itachi's thing, give it some kind of gimmick where when he's hit when its on it stuns them with the same icon you use for Yamato's little stun. Would balance out how powerful that is by giving it a 25+ second CD, make it something that he can't spam. Thats all using existing code within the game, and would take a few minutes to add at most.) He also has two almost completely useless jutsus, Like the one that protects another player by putting some kind of wood covering over them, and the tree thing which has never really been useful because its rare to trap someone in the trees. The icons for those are good, I'd just give them some better uses. Like making the tree's that he summons actually knock the player back or something. That at least adds some reason to waste chakra using it. And his sage mode is the same deal as Tsunade/Sakura's yin seal. It's just some lines on his forehead. You can just draw lines on the existing hashirama to signify the change, or give him an aura overlay. Up to you.

5- I will take the time out to provide a detailed change-list for every character, and i will even suggest ways you can change them working around the existing code if it's possible, making it easier on you. And I don't mind being killed right after joining if it's not by some offscreen OHKO move or some fire move that forces u to find water, thats conveniently surrounded by enemies. (Which is usually why someone is killed right after joining) That is another reason to get people actively playing roles with their characters, and being healers/defensive characters that can put up walls or set up puppets/clones or something.

It will take me a while to go through and make suggestions to improve each characters moveset, but if it's actually going to be considered, I will take the time to do it.