Looks great so far, awesome job!
Indeed, I'm liking the new layout. The gradient at the top is still kind of off-putting, though.
Thumbs up, guys. It's good to see you're still going strong.
This scared the crap out of me when I came on.
The WebClient on the Frontline Assault Hub page doesn't ever load the game. I clicked the "Play in webclient" link and it loaded right up.

I like the changes. Especially like the "forever scroll" feature you added. Still poking around and plan to donate a little bit tonight as well.

Nice work!
Yeah, there seem to be some issues with the inline webclient. We'll get that sorted out with other webclient improvements in the next few weeks.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Indeed, I'm liking the new layout. The gradient at the top is still kind of off-putting, though.

Agreed. Overall the layout is nice though.

@Tom and/or Lummox: So now that game publishing is the author's responsibility, how is it determined when an author is abusing the system and fully publishing fangame content? With moderators being removed as a variable, I'm interested in knowing how you guys plan to weigh original games versus fangames, stolen and/or ripped content, etc.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
@Tom and/or Lummox: So now that game publishing is the author's responsibility, how is it determined when an author is abusing the system and fully publishing fangame content? With moderators being removed as a variable, I'm interested in knowing how you guys plan to weigh original games versus fangames, stolen and/or ripped content, etc.

We'll still be watching for those things and can make changes if need be. It's just easier for all of us if the developers can handle most of this themselves.
In response to Fugsnarf
Ah, I understand now. Appreciate it.
Now I have to modify those old interview posts with a new layout that is a bit more future proof.
http://www.poplava.com/

As an example of using the WebClient on a domain which isn't all that exciting but it's there. Got the site and webclient up and running in about 10 minutes. That included purchasing the hosting, associating poplava.com, and writing the html.

Updated the iframe to be full screen in the browser with a little CSS.

edit - this was in reaction to, we need more distribution happening although the game in its current state is far from prime time.
It looks amazing imo, I like it.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The less intelligent will be rounded up and shot.

I see nothing wrong with this...
You know. At first glance, I was thinking about never using the website again. But, it's actually growing on me quickly. Reminds me of the old layout. After reading a few posts I've come to realize that this change is pretty nice. I still don't like that gradient at the top though. Not sure why. It just strikes me as odd. Even though it resembles the old website from 2008.

Good job, Tom. I look forward to future updates. Keep it up.

Edit: Tom, how exactly does the games page organize games by popularity now? How does the listing work? It looks to me like the website list now perfectly matches the BYOND pager list of games.
Nicely designed website. :)

Been a long while since I programmed in DM. Been busy, but I still hang around here nonetheless.
It's a nice insensible change you did to the site, as I got the hang of the new change tinkering with it (unlike some sites that destroys hard established structures and convenient usability). I like to see how far you can take byond this year. It does sounds promising as taking byond beyond has been the goal for a loooooong time. To not only get our games out into the public but byond software as well.

To be honest, I had been a bit discouraged about the future of byond and if it's worth contributing as much as I did in the past. Because I believed in it and wanted it to grow despite the shakiness it had. But if it goes well, I'll jump back on the bus ride and do my best to support like I did.

Speaking of symbiotic, I may hit up the suggestion forum and hope you could read up on my hand crafted images for an idea I had to help with the future of byond as well.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Now I have to modify those old interview posts with a new layout that is a bit more future proof.

Make sure you include a significant amount of boxes.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
I like the new scrolling feature for the games list. Gives people on the later pages a much better chance.

Agreed. Small suggestion: Maybe perform the page extension slightly before reaching the exact bottom of the page? like maybe at 90%? That way it'll be more seamless.
-_-
Looks like he added a hover style for the navigation bar.

One other thing I'd like to see, because it personally bothers me having everything hidden without a preview as to what is there (which is how it was before)... The favorites. I don't like the idea of having to press it every time to see which if my favorites online. Sometimes just go on mobile so that's also another disadvantage. Each time I log on just to see which games are live, I'd have to carefully tap that tiny star.

Perhaps include what you had before where there was a small part off to the side that showed a list of games in alphabetical order? I'm sure float:left; and another box to the right of the current white box that holds the star would work. In this other box, you could preview about 8 games in a 3 rows 3 columns format where the 9th item is an arrow replacing the star. Sort of like a "see more" feature.

Other than that, I have no qualms about the condensing of some items. That was my only concern that really did hit me hard.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6