It looks better! :) Much better. I love it now.

I look forward to the favorites bar again too. Or something similar.
I like it a lot more too. The larger alert atom is a huge plus.
Cool, I think I found a small bug though. My membership says 29 days, but when I hover over my name and it shows the drop down menu and it says 28 days.
The only thing I think should be changed is title home screen page. Never found it attractive. I think you guys should put maybe the three most quality titles(not popular) within the home page to get users why don't know beyond be able to jump right in
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Cool, I think I found a small bug though. My membership says 29 days, but when I hover over my name and it shows the drop down menu and it says 28 days.

This is happening to me as well, I just bought 90 days but it says 91 days on the page and 90 on the dropdown.
Found an issue with clicking on the friend icon when on the front page, when you click on a friend who's online rather than it opening up the old member window where you could send them a message it opens up the front page in the same window and darkens the other one out in the background.
I was rounding up the time left to display days only; I'll just change it at some point to match what's on the dropdown. Seems simpler anyway.

Kaliba, I'm not seeing what you're seeing with the friends dropdown.
Some ideas around depth and perhaps a way to organize the favorites. Would require using images over text and background-color in some places.

edit - oh, and notice the vertical gradient. Being a fan of gradient and all, I wasn't so ready to give it up. ;)
In response to PopLava
Wow those are nice. #1 is probably my fav though.
I really, REALLY like 2 through 4.
A couple other quick variations on the profile box just to see if anything stands out. I started getting a little sloppy with alignments. I like the first couple and maybe the third one the best. Could still use a little extra work on the right side of the box.

Here's the third one with more of the page added. I really like the depth effect on the navbar.

Thoughts?

Last one. Took out revisions to the text because that would be a major hassle to update and I like the softer look of the original text anyway. This one adds a stronger bottom edge compared to the previous.

"Lummux"

lel
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
"Lummux"

lel

heh... Totally missed that. :)
In response to PopLava
I really like that design!!
Question PopLava, is the rotating spinning BYOND logo on the left a part of the design?

I'd pay good money for that.

Like one of those people who stand at the end of road intersections holding signs pointing to various shops whilst spinning them around maximum crazy style.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Question PopLava, is the rotating spinning BYOND logo on the left a part of the design?

I'd pay good money for that.

Like one of those people who stand at the end of road intersections holding signs pointing to various shops whilst spinning them around maximum crazy style.

lol... no, not part of the design. For whatever reason, they did something wonky so you can't copy the logo. Without transparency, it made the gradient effect ugly so I kept it off to the side.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Kaliba, I'm not seeing what you're seeing with the friends dropdown.

Not sure if it's because I'm on a Mac or what, I'm using Chrome and it's only for when it's an online friend. Offline friends still work fine, and it doesn't happen on any page other than the play/create page.
imo this is the best possible design:

In response to Kaliba
Kaliba wrote:
Not sure if it's because I'm on a Mac or what, I'm using Chrome and it's only for when it's an online friend. Offline friends still work fine, and it doesn't happen on any page other than the play/create page.

Ah, the fact that it was only on that page was a big clue. Thanks.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6