ID:1818356

Resolved
This was added in at some point.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
I'd like the Nudge functions to change the pixel offset rather than step offset. It tends to put the world into pixel movement otherwise.
I'd like to see something like this as well. The first time I used the nudge feature I wasn't aware that it modified the step_* family of variables rather than the pixel_* variables, leading to me being confused as to why my world was being forced into pixel movement mode for several hours.

Ideally though, there should probably be a setting that allows you to pick between nudging by pixel offset or nudging by step offset.
In response to LordAndrew
I agree with the toggle thing too, as pointed out by DarkCampainger here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1316027
I'm okay with making this a toggle, and suspect it'll be pretty easy.

I'm wondering if the toggle should be project-specific or local to the machine (easier) though.
Hmmm, i was going to say project specific, but actually i reckon that local to the machine could be fine, depending on how much easier it truly is -if not significantly so, then perhaps it might be worth just going the whole way. You could have an additional check done upon every project startup/loadup verifying the current toggled nudge option against the project's movement selection*. I am now wondering, though, if being able to do that wouldn't be essentially what it'd take to make the option project specific afterall...
Well, eitherway i'm not sure my spitball-ing will have helped much if at all, so i'll end my contribution here haha.

* i was initially going to say based off map_format or something along those lines, but after some reading through i realise i was misunderstanding something about how one actually specifies within a project the choice to use either pixel or tiled movement, comically enough.
I'm going to go with project specific. I'm not quite sure where you'd save this information though.

You could also consider making it map specific and having the flag set inside each DMM.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
I'm going to go with project specific. I'm not quite sure where you'd save this information though.

You could also consider making it map specific and having the flag set inside each DMM.

Environments have a .int file where all preferences and the current state is saved.
Why not have an option in the menu for both step and pixel based? . _ . (Nudge & Offset)
In response to Kozuma3
Yeeeeah.. we've already covered that :P, what lummox was thinking about was whether or not to have the option be distinct per project basis, or something we toggled on an off once and applied to all projects loaded within the same machine.
Bump, found another project that suffered from this problem. Poor souls. =(
LordAndrew resolved issue with message:
This was added in at some point.