Duel Monsters Online

by Kajika
Duel Monsters Online
An online version of the Trading Card Game.
Aww man why did you quit, I loved DMO (first one immensely and second less but still great) and as to your comment on there being many yugioh games to fill the gap, well there isn't. We have two working on BYOND and both are manual....whats the point in that anyways? its stressful having to make sure you "kill" your own monsters at the right time etc and they are slow, slower then anything so please do not give up on DMO, its the only game I actually play on BYOND so please bring it back.
Maybe the next game Kajika et al will make will be something else you'll love to play, Sinkal.
Kajika, thank you for the many hours of gaming I devoted to your game. Best of wishes for whatever you decide to work on next.
I probably should have clarified I haven't abandoned the project completely. At the moment I'm very focused on a few real world things, though I do have spare time.

I've been doing tiny pieces of DMO in the background, I figure I should get several features done before I even consider hosting it again; if only to mitigate the constant "when is ___ being added".

In retrospect BYOND probably wasn't the best choice for such a game. A lot of the delays I've faced are with the lack of certain features or restrictions; trying to find a semi-decent looking alternative can be a time drain.

Other than that, I'm spending time on the next project when I can. I can't reveal much information about it right now, although it is a unique project('original' as in not directly using copyright material).
DMO was my very first Byond game, back in 2005 and i have been playing it ever since :). Hell, i have met so many people here, it's just so sad that that great community is all gone now. But nonetheless it was/is one of the greatest games ever made. The new yu-gi-oh games just doesn't provide that feeling which i enjoyed while playing DMO. Thanks for all the work, maintaining and running this game. It has been a great experience. Hope you will eventually make up your mind and continue working on this project.

Svet.
In response to Svetimasxxx
Svetimasxxx wrote:
DMO was my very first Byond game, back in 2005 and i have been playing it ever since :). Hell, i have met so many people here, it's just so sad that that great community is all gone now. But nonetheless it was/is one of the greatest games ever made. The new yu-gi-oh games just doesn't provide that feeling which i enjoyed while playing DMO. Thanks for all the work, maintaining and running this game. It has been a great experience. Hope you will eventually make up your mind and continue working on this project.

Svet.

I agree with you....

You have my support on DMO and your new project.
Kajika#1
GAME COME BACK!!
see kajika everyone wants your game..
Dear kajika,

I am well known on this game for my clan called "RULE".
My old name was "D.T.O" and every once in a while the trickster(dmitry huss) and i would play dmo for old times sake.
I was around but 6years ago prolly more i believe, and i just wanted to say I miss dmo. This game will be forever in my heart for this was back when i was a kid(im currently 20 in 8days from now) I use to play everyday all night. I member even hosting my own tournament, using god cards, and saying i'll never use the "seal of oricalchos" that it was evil and all, using my eye of timas etc. This game has no comparison and if you take this game you're breaking all of our hearts but we also understand why you're doing it as well. I don't play this game as much any more i'm often busy, but i would still love you to keep this game up it was very fun. i member the star ship tourny or the 5star something like that and even the ranking system before u took it away, YES i member it all.
- D.T.O
For those of u who actually member me I'm the original D.T.O
from way back when years ago, and aeris if u reading this, it was fun old times wasn't it?

Sausage,huss,jarred9,rocket,etc i member others when i see ya lol.

Plz bring dmo back
Ohh stop crying, this is pathetic.

no need to be cranky... People are merely expressing their love and joy for this game... It isn't considered Crying... just Fan Input
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
no need to be cranky... People are merely expressing their love and joy for this game... It isn't considered Crying... just Fan Input

Do you always write 3 dots after every couple of words? Just saying... Cause if you're doing it subconsciously, you might wanna work on that.
In response to Kajika
Kajika wrote:
I probably should have clarified I haven't abandoned the project completely.

This.

At the moment I'm very focused on a few real world things, though I do have spare time.
This.

I've been doing tiny pieces of DMO in the background, I figure I should get several features done before I even consider hosting it again; if only to mitigate the constant "when is ___ being added".

THIS FOR F*CKIN' SAKE.

Other than that, I'm spending time on the next project when I can. I can't reveal much information about it right now, although it is a unique project('original' as in not directly using copyright material).

And This
So yeah, stop crying and just wait.

This is apparently another Game Updates topic that's devolved into an argument/back-and-forth.

Keep it clean; it's on the BYOND forum frontpage. I can always remove the topic if you guys prefer. ]:
without a doubt the best game on byond. and still 1 of the best free online games out there. still talk to quite a few ppl that i met on the game. and we still talk about it now and then. and D.T.O i never knew u were huss... newaiz. kajika if you do eventually decide to move on its all good. we all had tons of fun on here. and you deserve alot of credit for all the hard work you put into this game. but it is everyones hopes to bring the game back. if you ever find the time or need help. im sure theirs many ppl that are on here that would assist you. and by god not a single other game on byond compares to dmo.
In response to Legendary D T O
Dat D.T.O. was wondering why i don't see you on anymore :p
Are you going to re-host it once you finish the parts you are working on?
In response to Cubanbling
Cubanbling wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Do you always write 3 dots after every couple of words? Just saying... Cause if you're doing it subconsciously, you might wanna work on that.

Using "..." (aka "elipses") is fun. And yes D.T.O. I remember ya. I've been wanting to make a DMO group on FB for all of us to stay in contact (as the community was half the fun, good and bad about it.. and i promise there was both); if anyone has one.... let me know.

Dekiel, we understand... you haven't been around long enough...

Kajika,
I play very few other game son BYOND: castle, FF-THG, and a couple others, but that's it. I look forward to ANY project you do as from my experience you will do it not only well, but you will take the time to make sure it's done right and the way it should be done. Let me know when you have it up, I'd LOVE the be the first to try it.
Once a few things come together I'll look into hosting the game again, I don't want to host prematurely at this stage. Too many negatives.

While I am focusing on the new project, I'm trying to do one small thing on DMO each day to maintain some momentum.

At this stage there's still a lot of things I'm not content with in DMO, but I cannot find a better way to do them within BYOND. Perhaps I'm just being picky.

If players are interested enough; I'll set up a development blog.
Page: 1 2 3 4