In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
PS. The last company I left ended up going public a year after and everyone became millionaires. So I think this bodes will for Lummox JR & BYOND :)
Wow, really?! Lucky us. :D

Although it won't happen until more people start kicking in a few bucks!
I'm a bit tight this month as there are a few birthdays to be celebrated, but I'll try and put out some small donations to help motivate Lummox. I recently moved and Rent is quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks, Lavitiz. Contribution to the project is always very much appreciated.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Thanks, Lavitiz. Contribution to the project is always very much appreciated.

No need for thanks, just keep up the good work.
Cya Tom doe Idk u o.o anyways gl with future jobs :o btw u old JSJS. oh hi Lummox, congratz on byond I gues
Personally I hope you stick around though, this almost seems like a final goodbye and I don't like that (T3T)

and congratz and welcome to the new man in town (=w=)b
In response to Sosina
I'm willing to bed Tom will be in the background. Still here in the shadows, just not officially.

Edit:
Bet*

Nasty.
He will be that person that will be along us BYONDers.
Wow man this is really sad but congrats you basically got a promotion to the big Cheese Lummox.
Sadly I hadn't been paying too much attention to the development of byond as of lately due to being quite busy but this seems to be great news, Lummox Jr certainly does seem to be a contributive person whom what I've seen in the past not that I've known him personally. Congrats on the sorta promotion I guess and I wish that Tom has fun doing whatever he plans on doing as of now and hope we still see him around.

I would throw my money right away given that I didn't have paypal problems for some odd reason which I've been wanting to sort out so I go on a spending spree but hopefully whenever it's fixed I'll end up contributing some money to byond.
Nah but fr Tom u old geezer, leave already!! (Jk we gona miss u I think o.o),

Lummox, we gotchur bck on donations I think o.o, if I start making money doe
In response to KitKatCat
KitKatCat wrote:
I would throw my money right away given that I didn't have paypal problems for some odd reason which I've been wanting to sort out so I go on a spending spree but hopefully whenever it's fixed I'll end up contributing some money to byond.

You can simply use your credit card. :P
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
KitKatCat wrote:

Oh so I can, odd, my mind doesn't remember that option being there. I'll throw something in next time I get cash.
In response to Aerite
Aerite wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:
KitKatCat wrote:

Oh so I can, odd, my mind doesn't remember that option being there. I'll throw something in next time I get cash.

BYOND thanks you for your generosity. ;)
Glad to see byond is still strong, Thanks Tom! and i will keep my membership for awhile so you have my support.
Very sad over the possibility of Tom leaving, but other than that this seems like wonderful news. If Lummox's response mentioning the icon and map editors are anything to go by, then I'm already starting to love the direction things are going. Also I wish you well in whatever direction you choose to go in your life from here on out, Tom.

I'm currently going through a rough time in real life, but I'm hoping that will be clearing up in a few weeks or so, and once it does I will get right back to work on my games and contributions. I'll throw at least a few dollars in once I have the money to spare as well.

Hm, come to think of it I still have a couple dollars left in my BYOND wallet actually. I'll go donate that now!
I joined BYOND 10+ years ago and it is something that helped mold me into who I am today. Programming is such a huge factor in my life. I joined at 14 looking to learn how to program and BYOND provided the necessary steps to make this kid enjoy learning it.

While I am not apart of this community anymore, I always check the forums and games for anything promising.

I just want to thank Tom and Lummox for building a community and software that helped me reach my dreams. Saying "thanks" isn't enough and I've always wanted to give back more and will.

Thank you!
I always thought you were a pretty cool guy, Tom, and even if BYOND wasn't a multi-million dollar success, I think it was (and will continue to be) very successful at what it set out to accomplish, and maybe even more. I've got a feeling you'll still be around in the background, which is good, because I can't imagine BYOND without you around in at least some capacity, even if it's just you watching what happens from here.

Thanks for all the fish.
You want cash pouring in? Give some love to your largest playerbase -- The much-maligned SS13 community. Host an AMA in the sub-reddit, compile a list of the 10 most desired features from it's coder community, and I'll be happy to coordinate a fundraising drive with the other server owners to throw a fair chunk of change your way... I'm sure people in the SS13 community would be much more encouraged to get involved in funding BYOND if they weren't considered the ugly step-child of this engine.
In response to ZomgPonies
Aren't the feelings of animosity the other way around?

Regardless, the rest of your post does make me think of something. A neat way for BYOND to generate revenue would be to add something like Reddit's "Give Gold" feature.
For the record, I've never had anything against SS13. In fact, I was interacting with their reddit board extensively during the early webclient testing (I expect Lummox JR will get back to that for these later developments). They obviously have a very passionate audience behind their game and it's unfortunate to see the resentment for BYOND as this should be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Once the webclient is very stable and the standard way for playing SS13 (and all BYOND games), they should be able to expand their audience a lot, so I think they'd want to support the development to make this happen.

A lot of games try to get off BYOND and work in C++ or Unity or other more powerful engines. I applaud the effort as people may want to do things that are limited by BYOND. However, one thing I can say is that this is a lot more work than people think and most of the time nothing every comes of it. I would hope people would appreciate the fact that BYOND at least makes games (maybe limited, imperfect games) possible, and that these games can be fun to play. I think this gets lost a lot in all of the criticism of the software.

Thanks for the kind words, all.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7 8 9