In response to Tom
What's the best way to get in touch directly/privately with either you or Lummox (preferably both)?
Shoot them a Page.
I’m happy for your appointment, but I’ll be happier when you achieve the goals you have set.

My sincerest congratulations, Lummox.
Dream Seeker. Dream Daemon. Dream Deploy. Dream Maker. Long ago, the programmers lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when FUNimation attacked. Only the legendary DEV, master of all four 'Dream' programs could stop them. But, when BYOND needed him most... He vanished. Later, BYOND discovered the new DEV, a Developer named 'Lummox Jr'. And, although his coding skill may be great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save BYOND. But... I believe Lummox can save BYOND.

on a serious note bye tom nice having you around

hi lummox
In response to Bloxhero101
Bloxhero101 wrote:
Dream Seeker. Dream Daemon. Dream Weaver. Dream Maker. Long ago, the programmers lived together in harmony.

BYOND Dream Weaver? I don't remember that one!
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
Bloxhero101 wrote:
Dream Seeker. Dream Daemon. Dream Weaver. Dream Maker. Long ago, the programmers lived together in harmony.

BYOND Dream Weaver? I don't remember that one!

i...

i dont either i needed a fourth one though
Byond Softwares

Beyond the Software...

Sounds catchy if you asked me.
i'd pay to see that.
It seem like yesterday I was just a babby playing my babby games on BYOND. Now here we are. Look how far we camed. We is all growed up now, and Tommy is pass on the BYONDs to Jummox Luneyear, so prowed of him. I new one day he would be the hokage and what I predickted camed true.

I cereally cri evrytim I read this thread. To Tommy I say thank you for the lafter as well as the bad tims. You will never be forgotted, Tommy. Enjoy your life journeys where they may take you. Rip in peppercorns Tommy from BYONDs 2015. Amen.
GONNA MISS YOU TOM T_T
Tom, know that we appreciate your hard work to keep BYOND alive and I hope this is not a good bye and that we'll see you once awhile on the forums!

Best of luck on your future projects.
Yeah, that is one of the reasons why I made SByIo Library open source (which may get a replacement, which should also become open source). I won't be around BYOND forever per se, especially I have been caught up with a project of my own outside of BYOND.

I have not officially retired from BYOND due to the fact I have a way of coming back. That project I'm working on is a retro themed virtual machine that is in no way meant to compete with BYOND. Rather, I've been planning out a retro themed virtual machine that can utilze high definition resolutions. Of course, I'm also allowing for 320x240 resolutions to make it a bit more nostalgic.

And yes, you will be able to create games for it. Not sure when it will be ready for such a thing yet, but I'll let y'all know.
I knew there was a valid reason behind my need to complete my suicide pact!
It's funny to see things change so much over the last decade. You've done great Tom and I hope your future proves to be less Ramen dependent.
Congratulations to both of you!

Tom: I know that you've been wanting to move onto other projects for awhile now, and it's awesome that you also figured out a way to pass off BYOND so that it can continue to thrive and grow. The work that you did here has had a positive influence on so many users over the years, and that impact cannot be overstated. Amongst other things, BYOND instilled a love of coding and game creation in many people who went on to make a career out of it. Though BYOND may not have made you a millionaire, what you've managed to do here has been pretty incredible.

Lee: It goes without saying that Tom couldn't have found a better person to take control of BYOND. I'm really excited for both you and the future of BYOND, because I know that you're going to continue to do awesome work. I enjoyed working with you to put NEStalgia on Steam, and I hope that we'll get to work together again in the coming year when my next BYOND project is underway.
Congratulations on your new position Lummox JR, and good luck with BYOND Software!

Best of luck with what you pursue next Tom, may the next project make you loads of cash and not sink decades of your time! As many others have said, BYOND has had an valuable impact on many people, and it is great that it can continue to do so moving forward.
In response to SilkWizard
SilkWizard wrote:
and I hope that we'll get to work together again in the coming year when my next BYOND project is underway.

SILK IS MAKING A NEW GAME?!?!?111

*cries*

Congrats, Lumm.
Congratulations and best of luck to both of you. Hope to still see you around occasionally Tom. Maybe now you'll have some time and you can make a Byond game ;)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Maybe now you'll have some time and you can make a Byond game ;)

Ramen Simulator.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8 9