Memberships are NOT fine. They offer only 1 thing of value (the storage) which is easy enough to get on other sites for cheaper.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Byond In Need Of Fixing

BYOND In Need Of Fixing

Done.

In response to Lugia319
At least with BYOND storage they still keep hosting your file after you become a non-member. So basically all your libraries/demos/games will remain available until the BYOND apoc.
I'll just advertise my game in here to the op. I'm sure I can do that.

My game is looking to change byond standards. It will be something original and new too play. I've also gotten quite a few people that I've taken under my wing to ask me about how to make a game and code. From the looks of it sense my YouTube tutorials are from scratch they are doing the same thing as well. Which should be good if at least one of them has the determination.

Of course some of these individuals were too young to think of proper game design. But if they mature and practice we could see something good from them. Which is what my goal was.

I'm not the best coder on here, but I at least follow better practices than rips and honestly have never looked at one either.
Shit. . . I need a wing to be taken in under. Notice me.
In response to Gtgoku55
Gtgoku55 wrote:
Shit. . . I need a wing to be taken in under. Notice me.

I'm not sure what you need help with specifically, but for general development I'd recommend you give these a good read. You may have to read them more than once, but it'll help you in the long run. If you're set on using tile movement over pixel movement, give this a browse.

For combat/gameplay, you should read this thread.

If you run into any dev issues, you can reach out here.
Good, stuff. Yeah, I occasionally gives the tutorials a look, and the developing help forum has taught me a lot.

Just figured it'd be nice to have a guy that I can go to personally to give hands on help when I'm struggling. (Of course, gonna still use those resources you just linked.)

Side note: Pixel Movement for life.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
TBH, I'm not even sure what a rip is anymore. We use that word around here so much it's lost all meaning.

I propose we use the word "fork" instead, I hear it much more often outside of BYOND. I can't force you all to do it, but the world would be a better place if you did..

:P

In response to IchiroKeisuke
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
TBH, I'm not even sure what a rip is anymore. We use that word around here so much it's lost all meaning.

I propose we use the word "fork" instead, I hear it much more often outside of BYOND. I can't force you all to do it, but the world would be a better place if you did..

Spork it is.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Spork it is.

I've heard the word "rip" and "original" used in the same sentences so much the two are now analogous in my mind.
In response to Gtgoku55
You can always come to me. I may not do it for you if it's something super complex. But I'll wrap your mind around proper ideas and the basics to make that complex thing to work.
In response to Doohl
It's an original rip, they changed the chakra into Yen and made a gon npc. Okay it's original
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Byond In Need Of Fixing

BYOND In Need Of Fixing

Done.

Heh. It took me two days to get this. I'm really slow... :)
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
IchiroKeisuke wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Spork it is.

Have you guys all read my thread 'Programming a Spork: How To'?

Seriously, though. Why hasn't this topic been locked yet? Why is Lugia still not banned? What's with the new 'freedome!' approach we're taking on BYOND moderation? Surely there has to be some line, right? While I enjoy the freedom, it's not something that should be abused to the extent that some of these people have been. Such as this thread, it's either a poorly put together piece of bait or constructed as a serious 'Lugia 4 lyfe' post that includes all kinds of half-thought fairy-tail ideas that would only work in the mind of a ten year old. The latter has been brought up by every kid-with-a-business-degree. Not really something that should fester here. Shouldn't have said anything, cause now people'll complain about me complaining or agree with my complaints and suddenly peoplez banned for posts like this.
In response to NNAAAAHH
If you take a look at the posting guidelines you begin to appreciate the irony of the situation.

"1) Don't be a jerk. This mostly means: don't make personal attacks. You can criticize the content of a post, but not the poster. Attacking posters just leads to flame wars, which are a big waste of everyone's time. We are going to be very aggressive in dealing with "trolls" in this community."

I think one of the biggest difference between this forum and the others is that the others usually have stricter enforcement of their own rules. And I would like to take this time to post a picture of a magnificent sea turtle!
In response to IchiroKeisuke
I understand that my singling out of a specific user is considered a "personal attack", but is there any other active forum member that is actively doing what he does? If so, I'll happily swap the name for someone else's, or just give vague statements where you know who I'm talking about, but I don't say it. The forums here used to be more strict than most of the other I have visited through the years. I'm glad thing are more loose of late, but moderation here seems non-existent now.
I think for BYOND to survive, it is highly necessary for shots to be fired on a daily basis. It keeps everyone alert and on their toes. Never a dull moment round these parts.
"1) Don't be a jerk. This mostly means: don't make personal attacks. You can criticize the content of a post, but not the poster. Attacking posters just leads to flame wars, which are a big waste of everyone's time. We are going to be very aggressive in dealing with "trolls" in this community."

Oh... I wonder when that change to the posting guidelines happened?

That last sentence was not there when Tom left.

You here that, Empirez? Our days is numbered.

Is posting pictures of horses trolling or horseplay?
Page: 1 2 3 4