ID:1907022

Hey guys. I've been on vacation in Turkey and Egypt for the past month and while I didn't really work on my BYOND projects much, I worked on this little experimental project I had in mind for a very long time. It's a DM code editor which actually does a lot more than just ... edit codes.

-Creates and loads .DME projects.
-Creates and loads map files (Might work on a map editor as well)
-Built-in compiler and can run games after their compiled.
-DM Syntax Highlighting
-Code auto-completion with the latest dm syntax (color,matrix,animate,...)

And now I just recently finished file handling. Dreamer can load multiple code files and stores everything in memory. So changing "pages" - there are no tabs - when working with multiple files will still keep all 'non-compiled code' even if you didn't manually save.

Dreamer

Dreamer

With that addition, I thought it might be a good idea to share this project on the forum. I'm also looking for some help here; Dreamer works perfectly on the webclient and I would like to turn it into an online alternative for programmers who don't have access to a laptop or PC. I could easily create a mobile app that acts as a frame containing the html5 embeded code.
My issue is, due to safety violation there is no way to access the compiler when the game is hosted. I think a looong time ago I've seen a webpage someone made in which you could paste your code and it would tell you if there were errors, that could be a solution but sadly I can't find it anymore. Help? Comment? Hate? Go ahead ;)

"Comment"- Great. I asking about mobile DM on forum. http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1876707

I hope your Map editor will be like, editor from RPG maker , or eclipse origin. XD
I'll do my best! ;)
In response to Kidpaddle45
im curious whats the difference dream maker and this
This has an auto-completion feature. Which I believe is a major addition. Using some of the new BYOND controls, users can use their mouse wheel to show up more info or hide it.

I plan on having a different UI and some stuff to help beginners with programming. I also plan on adding a built-in map editor as well.

It's more of an experimental project than anything else and I'm open to suggestions and ideas that aren't in DM or not even from BYOND.
i should do something like that in the byond app
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
...I think a looong time ago I've seen a webpage someone made in which you could paste your code and it would tell you if there were errors, that could be a solution but sadly I can't find it anymore. Help? Comment? Hate? Go ahead ;)

Are you talking about the w3 website?
https://validator.w3.org/
Oh no it wasn't that... :/
Thanks tho!

This is some of the cool stuff there is currently in Dreamer. While programming, suggestions appear at the bottom of the window and you can use the new mouse controls to auto-complete or get more information. For example, if you scroll down when a suggestion shows up it will automatically complete the word for you. If you scroll up, an information label will appear explaining what that suggestion is and an example. Scrolling down will hide it.

I know mouse wheel isn't something everyone uses so you can also access these features using clicks.

Here's a little gif showing it in action.
Again, this is an experimental project and I'm only working on it when I'm bored in my hotel room.

Dreamer
I have been out of BYOND for quite a long time, but I just stopped by to congratulate you, awesome progress you are making in general :)
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Thanks tho!

http://nadrew.com/webdm/index.cgi

That?
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Thanks tho!

http://nadrew.com/webdm/index.cgi

That?

YES That was it! :O
In response to Fushimi
Fushimi wrote:
I have been out of BYOND for quite a long time, but I just stopped by to congratulate you, awesome progress you are making in general :)

Thanks Fushi. Appreciated. :)
Hi, any news?