Sorry to bud in but that comment didnt made any sense..... Talkin bout Batman when this is a DBZ convo @ Lugia
In response to UPD4T3
Hmmm... among those "problems fixed with the later installments", it seems snake way was among the things that got fixed. Otherwise they could've left it alone and all would be fine, no? I mean, if it wasn't that big of a deal they could've left it alone and no one would care?

The fact is the audience wants consistency and right angles on a snake way are only appropriate for games made in the late 90's to be played on your Nokia mobile.

5ratsuperhalo wrote:
Sorry to bud in but that comment didnt made any sense..... Talkin bout Batman when this is a DBZ convo

It makes sense because the comment wasn't about Batman, it compared issues WITH a Batman game that Update is intentionally doing again.

Here's the problem, really. If you have the capacity to make the game better, you should do it. You clearly have the capacity to curve the angles of snake way. But you don't want to do it because it would... somehow make the game worse? For the little bit of time it would take, it would vastly improve the appeal. The problem with Arkham Origins is that the authors didn't care about the game to make it good, they just copy/pasted the previous games and said screw it. What Update is doing here is copy/pasting an old game instead of it's vastly superior sequels and saying, "Nah mang, it's okay because you don't have to play it"
Either way the destination and purpose is the same.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Hmmm... among those "problems fixed with the later installments", it seems snake way was among the things that got fixed. Otherwise they could've left it alone and all would be fine, no? I mean, if it wasn't that big of a deal they could've left it alone and no one would care?

The fact is the audience wants consistency and right angles on a snake way are only appropriate for games made in the late 90's to be played on your Nokia mobile.

5ratsuperhalo wrote:
Sorry to bud in but that comment didnt made any sense..... Talkin bout Batman when this is a DBZ convo

It makes sense because the comment wasn't about Batman, it compared issues WITH a Batman game that Update is intentionally doing again.

Here's the problem, really. If you have the capacity to make the game better, you should do it. You clearly have the capacity to curve the angles of snake way. But you don't want to do it because it would... somehow make the game worse? For the little bit of time it would take, it would vastly improve the appeal.

I didn't say it'd make it better OR worse, gameplay and replayability is the dominant factor. Snake Way isn't going to make or break the game.
So basically this whole convo is about snake way being like LoG 1 and not circle curvy? ...... This is just childish. It dont need to be 100% accurate to the show to get fans. I understand if Majins got super sayian and u complained but u complaining over a snakeway having sharp turns.
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
I didn't say it'd make it better OR worse, gameplay and replayability is the dominant factor. Snake Way isn't going to make or break the game.

You have the capability to improve it, but you're choosing not to. Whether it's out of sheer laziness or what doesn't matter. It reflects poorly on you as the designer. If you're going to make a fangame, don't half-ass it. Either commit to the ideal or make an original game because if you don't commit to the fangame the real fans will get pissed off and people that don't play fangames that might have given you a break won't play it because it's a fangame.
I think I committed quite well to it. :)
Right I'ma quit a amazing DBZ game just because Snake Way no curved angles, but the gameplay and everything else is good. Makes sense.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Right I'ma quit a amazing DBZ game just because Snake Way no curved angles, but the gameplay and everything else is good. Makes sense.

You've displayed no real gameplay, and if your gameplay is Legacy of Goku Falacy beat you to the punch several years ago, AND made a sequel that is still popular to this day.
So you're just bitching because of diagnol pathways not being added? Okay.

So can we talk about my snake head or... are you gonna go now?
Lugia do u complain to Falacy about HU having a straight Snake way with 0% Turning at all and about his gfx stolen straight from Legacy of Goku or no? If not then stop complaining about a game using original gfx and a Snakeway that actually turns.
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
So you're just bitching because of diagnol pathways not being added? Okay.

So can we talk about my snake head or... are you gonna go now?

I'm bitching because of a lack of effort on your part when clearly it could be extended. Your snake head is fine, because it actually looks like a snake head. The rest of the body however is absolute shit because it doesn't look like a snake body. I have yet to see a snake move itself into perfect right angles, probably because of the snake's bone structure.
In response to 5ratsuperhalo
5ratsuperhalo wrote:
Lugia do u complain to Falacy about HU having a straight Snake way with 0% Turning at all and about his gfx stolen straight from Legacy of Goku or no? If not then stop complaining about a game using original gfx and a Snakeway that actually turns.

Not at all, because a snake can easily lie straight. It's impossible for a snake to make its body right angles though, because bones exist.
o.O I've showed gameplay lots of times..............
In response to Lugia319

ANYWAYS, I agree that diagnol pathways would be grrrreeeeaaaaat. I don't think they're needed, so they're not going to be added.
Actually snake way wasnt fixed it was cutt out the game and shortened. Also running on it was pretty annoying bumping into invisible wall's Creating a curvy realistic snake way would be hard with all the curves it even has loops lol i suggest lugia shut up seeing all the dbz trash rips popularity while attempting to say fans give a Damn about small details.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
o.O I've showed gameplay lots of times..............

Showing gifs of stuff happening is not showing gameplay. Any monkey can press the laser button. In addition, it's often in shown in vacuum. Show gameplay of 5 dudes or something talking about a quest or something and then we can talk.
So u gonna go complain to the people that made LoG 1? If not then i think this convo should stop. Show us screenshots of your perfectly done snakeway.
Uhh no I shared a gameplay video. Get yours facts right bud.
In response to 5ratsuperhalo
5ratsuperhalo wrote:
So u gonna go complain to the people that made LoG 1? If not then i think this convo should stop. Show us screenshots of your perfectly done snakeway.

No, because the people that made LoG had a license and they later fixed their game to be okay. Good to kill time when you're twelve, not much else. Had I had the means to complain to those people at the time of LoG 1 I would've shat all over their game for its problems, especially snake way.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6